Automatically downloaded upon logging into Steam, the update packs the new Arena mode, the Badwater Basin Payload map, community member Jamie Mason's CP_Steel along an assortment of achievements for the Heavy class and three unlockable item: Natscha, the Killing Gloves of Boxing and the healing Sandvich.
In addition to the update, Valve delivered a new entry in its "Meet The" series, offering viewers a humorous introduction to the Sanvich.
The specific changes include:
- Added 3 Heavy unlockables
- Natascha, The Sandvich, The Killing Gloves of Boxing
- Added 35 new Heavy achievements
- Added Arena game mode
- 5 arenas: Lumberyard, Ravine, Well, Granary, Badlands
- Added cp_steel, a community map by Jamie "Fishbus" Manson
- Added server map timeleft to upper right of scoreboard
- Added new firing sounds to The Backburner
- Removed the Custom Tab in the serverbrowser, and added the Tags field to the base Internet Tab
- Increased The Kritzkrieg's uber-charge rate bonus from 10% to 25%
- 32 player servers can now support an extra slot of SourceTV
- Made the freezecam item panel description easier to read
- Players now broadcast whether they chose a team directly or use autoteam
- Added proper handling of cart blocking recognition to Payload maps
- Fixed bug where switching from flaregun-wielding Pyro to another class meant you didn't get a full ammo loadout on first spawn
- Fixed Spy watch arm not using team skins
- Fixed weapon switching preventing you from using secondary attacks for a 0.2s window after the primary became available
- Fixed players getting stuck in a bad animation state when class switching while spinning the minigun
- Fixed a loophole that allowed players to pickup weapons of other classes
- Fixed a bug that resulted in players earning more crit chance bonus in large, single damage events than they are supposed to
- Fixed an issue with the floating HUD +X health indicators that resulted in them appearing incorrectly
- Fixed a bug which caused the minigun spinning & firing sounds to occasionally stop while the Heavy was still firing
- Fixes the Loadout player model panel causing the in-game player facial animation to perform incorrectly
- Fixed spectators not having the target ID labels display correctly
- Fixed the cart alarm sound occasionally getting stuck on in Payload maps
Update servers are burning ! Running at 20-30KB/s
Me want sanvich!
I am seeing between 240kb/s to 300kb/s
mine is stuck at "download starting..." :(
i had 1.8 MBs for the first 12 percent now i have 60-120KBS with bumps upto 250kbs
I've been at 2.3MB/sec for the entire update! :)
Mine keeps starting and stopping. :(
They're a 150-strong company that goes long periods releasing free content. Cut them some slack. For instance, if they were Blizzard they would have the extortion of ten million customers to get a plenty-large server farm. As it is they'll have to make do, and so will you.
it's all key now ;P first it updated for 4 minutes, after i reseted the game it started updating again.
This time for much longer : p Running at full speed!
630KB/s here. Took 5 minutes :)