Automatically downloaded upon logging into Steam, the update packs the new Arena mode, the Badwater Basin Payload map, community member Jamie Mason's CP_Steel along an assortment of achievements for the Heavy class and three unlockable item: Natscha, the Killing Gloves of Boxing and the healing Sandvich.
In addition to the update, Valve delivered a new entry in its "Meet The" series, offering viewers a humorous introduction to the Sanvich.
The specific changes include:
- Added 3 Heavy unlockables
- Natascha, The Sandvich, The Killing Gloves of Boxing
- Added 35 new Heavy achievements
- Added Arena game mode
- 5 arenas: Lumberyard, Ravine, Well, Granary, Badlands
- Added cp_steel, a community map by Jamie "Fishbus" Manson
- Added server map timeleft to upper right of scoreboard
- Added new firing sounds to The Backburner
- Removed the Custom Tab in the serverbrowser, and added the Tags field to the base Internet Tab
- Increased The Kritzkrieg's uber-charge rate bonus from 10% to 25%
- 32 player servers can now support an extra slot of SourceTV
- Made the freezecam item panel description easier to read
- Players now broadcast whether they chose a team directly or use autoteam
- Added proper handling of cart blocking recognition to Payload maps
- Fixed bug where switching from flaregun-wielding Pyro to another class meant you didn't get a full ammo loadout on first spawn
- Fixed Spy watch arm not using team skins
- Fixed weapon switching preventing you from using secondary attacks for a 0.2s window after the primary became available
- Fixed players getting stuck in a bad animation state when class switching while spinning the minigun
- Fixed a loophole that allowed players to pickup weapons of other classes
- Fixed a bug that resulted in players earning more crit chance bonus in large, single damage events than they are supposed to
- Fixed an issue with the floating HUD +X health indicators that resulted in them appearing incorrectly
- Fixed a bug which caused the minigun spinning & firing sounds to occasionally stop while the Heavy was still firing
- Fixes the Loadout player model panel causing the in-game player facial animation to perform incorrectly
- Fixed spectators not having the target ID labels display correctly
- Fixed the cart alarm sound occasionally getting stuck on in Payload maps
Update servers are burning ! Running at 20-30KB/s
Me want sanvich!
I am seeing between 240kb/s to 300kb/s
mine is stuck at "download starting..." :(
i had 1.8 MBs for the first 12 percent now i have 60-120KBS with bumps upto 250kbs
I've been at 2.3MB/sec for the entire update! :)
Mine keeps starting and stopping. :(
I can't even double click the game to get it to run/update. I get a stupidass message about their homo servers being too busy.
I love the game and of course tons of ppl are probably updating....but seriously, wtf Valve, are you Blizzard all of the sudden? lrn2IT. Of course tons of ppl are going to want to play....so why not have enough upload capacity to handle this? Considering the ONLY way to update is through steam, you'd think they'd put more hardware behind it.
They're a 150-strong company that goes long periods releasing free content. Cut them some slack. For instance, if they were Blizzard they would have the extortion of ten million customers to get a plenty-large server farm. As it is they'll have to make do, and so will you.
it's all key now ;P first it updated for 4 minutes, after i reseted the game it started updating again.
This time for much longer : p Running at full speed!
630KB/s here. Took 5 minutes :)