Originally slated to operate until mid-August, the Xbox 360-exclusive beta formally kicked off on June 25 and was made available to those Xbox 360 owners who purchased Backbone's Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3.
The extension is likely aimed at testing a new patch for the fighter revamp, which Capcom says will arrive "in the coming weeks." The patch incorporates a new netcode which minimizes lag while playing the game online, as well as a number of general gameplay tweaks.
A complete listing of the patch notes are viewable below.
From Capcom's blog:
- Crash while joining games has been fixed.
- Headsets no longer transmit constantly. (Please note: on some Arcade Sticks, the connection to your headset can be a little wonky, so if you're hearing static, check your connections!)
- KenÃƒÂ¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½s strong Shoryuken no longer juggles.
- KenÃƒÂ¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½s fierce Shoryuken now only juggles for a maximum of 3 hits.
- KenÃƒÂ¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½s roundhouse Hurricane Kick now leaves him slightly farther away from the opponent on hit.
- Default round number has changed to 5 for Ranked and Tournament matches.
- Win/Loss data now shows up in Player Matches.
- Game Speed has been fixed to match the original arcade game.
- Game no longer crashes when trying to select Akuma by the old code.
- Super Finishes now display correctly in 4:3 mode.
- Game no longer crashes when signing out during a Tournament.
- New netcode to reduce lag generate by packet loss.
- New rewind code that mitigates latency by smoothing out what people see on screen.
I can't wait to put my hands on it. Please release Alpha 3 and or Third Strike as well. SVC chaos would be nice too.