The details are said to have been gleaned from a play test session, and were promptly removed from the forum for fears of NDA violations. However, bits of the information were archived by Destructoid and Kotaku.
- "One Step Closer" - Linkin Park
- "Peace Sells" - Megadeth
- "Testify" - Rage Against the Machine
- "American Woman" - The Guess Who or Lenny Kravitz
- "White Wedding" - Billy Idol
- "You Oughta Know" - Alanis Morisette
- "Aqualung" - Jethro Tull
- "Bad Reputation" - Thin Lizzy or Joan Jett
- "We Got the Beat" - The Go-Go's
- "Man in the Box" - Alice in Chains
- "Spoonman" - Soundgarden
- "Drain You" - Nirvana
While developer Harmonix has yet to formally announce any of the game's tracks, the above join the following list of songs believed to be in the title due to their inclusion in media or word from the band itself.
- "Ace of Spades" - Motorhead
- "Anyway You Want It" - Journey
- "Pinball Wizard" - The Who
- "Chop Suey" - System of a Down
- "Panic Attack" - Dream Theater or Finger Eleven
- "Give It Away" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- "Everlong" - Foo Fighters
- "Kids in America" - Kim Wilde
- "Hello There" - Cheap Trick
- "Sorrow" - Bad Religion
- Unknown - Turbonegro
Rock Band 2 is scheduled to hit Xbox 360 this September, with a PlayStation 3 edition following later in the year. The title will be compatible will all existing Rock Band downloadable content and instruments released thus far, and DLC released after the sequel hits will continue to work with the first game.
Thanks to Masem for the tip.
I'm excited about spoonman as well. All instruments should be fun to play.