A new The Witcher patch is now available, updating CD Projekt's fantasy role playing game to v1.2. The 113mb update fixes several game and quest bugs.
Gameplay and text bugs fixed:
- Fixes for Alina not being at her home when she should (Act 4).
- Wife's Tears Potion fixes.
- Fixes for usable doors on the swamps (Act 5).
- Fixes for Alchemist in manufacture giving quest items to Geralt (Act 3).
- Fixes for some items to be found in Fields (Act 4).
- Fixes for a disappearing enemy in quest Haunted House (Act2).
- Fixed problems with Alvin's spawn (Act 1).
- Few minor text fixes for all languages.
Code bugs fixed:
- Loading times are much faster!
- Saving is much faster!
- Another portion of stability improvements.
- Fix for rare "red rectangle" effect on loading bar.
- Quest tracking fixes.
- Some cursor fixes connected with finishers in tight places.
- Quest now won't update when Geralt is dead causing multiple problems.
- Autosave mechanism fixes (numeration).
- Savegame files fixes -- some irrelevant information was sometimes generated inside.
- The game won't make an autosave if Geralt has an effect preventing him from talking (like knockdown, stun, push) - the result would be no talking at all for the rest of the game.
- Now you can't attack neutral NPCs if you input the second (etc.) sword sequence in them, while first attacking a hostile.
- Dandelion's music won't be 'echoed' while changing location twice.
- The game can handle broken savegames now Â– it returns to main menu.
- Motion blur effect won't stay active despite Blizzard potion wearing off Â– drinking, then changing location, then cutscene.
- Final fixes for weapons disappearing from enemiesÂ’ hands.
- Grass and small stones being multiplied Â– fixed.
- Fixes for receiving damage from Striga while being far away.
Art bugs fixed:
- Few level decoration fixes.
- Fixes for barghest attack animation.
Son of a bitch! Can this week possibly get any better for me? Also I was reading the Witcher forum and they say the load times for entering houses were equal to that of leaving them for the demo. The demo used code from this patch.
Definately glad to see it.
If this also resolves the interface generated crashes in that list of "miscellaneous" crash bugs, I will be able to play through with no further difficulty. I'm excited!
A bit too late, already finished the game, it's fantastic even with the massive loading times.
And the Blizzard out of focus shader persisting even through an entire game reload was fucking crazy. The first time I managed to kill the Act 1 boss I had to redo it simply because the effect was simply not wearing off.
You had to meditate to cancel the effect bug, i did it that way. :D