Apple is constantly supplying new updates to iOS as it looks to perfect the user experience on iPhones and iPads. iOS 15.4 is the latest iteration of the operating system and delivers updates to the various features and services available on Apple devices. Most notably, iOS 15.4 adds the ability for users to unlock iPhone Face ID while wearing a mask.
iOS 15.4 update patch notes
These are the full notes for the iOS 15.4 update, as listed in the Settings app on compatible devices. To express the new update, open Settings and go to General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Face ID while wearing a mask option on iPhone 12 and newer
- Apple Pay and password autofill in apps and Safari can be used with Face ID while wearing a mask
- New emoji including faces, hand gestures, and household objects are now available in emoji keyboard
- Handshake emoji allows you to choose separate skin tones for each hand
- SharePlay sessions can be initiated directly from supported apps
- Siri can provide time and date information while offline on iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11 or newer
- Siri now includes an additional voice, expanding the diversity of options
- EU Digital COVID Certificate support in Health enables you to download and store verifiable versions of COVID-19 vaccination, lab results, and recovery records
- COVID-19 vaccination cards in Apple Wallet now support the EU Digital COVID Certificate format
This release also includes the following enhancements for your iPhone:
- Safari webpage translation adds support for Italian and Chinese (Traditional)
- Podcasts app adds episode filters for seasons, played, unplayed, saved, or downloaded episodes
- iCloud custom email domains can be managed from Settings
- News offers enhanced discovery of audio content in the Today feed and Audio tab
- Camera in keyboard can be used to add text to Notes and Reminders
- Shortcuts now supports adding, removing, or querying tags with Reminders
- Emergency SOS settings have changed to use Call with Hold for all users. Call with 5 Presses is still available as an option in Emergency SOS settings
- Close-up in Magnifier uses the ultra-wide camera on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max to help you see small objects
- Saved passwords can now include your own notes in Settings
This release also includes bug fixes for your iPhone:
- Keyboard may insert period between typed numbers
- News widgets in Today View may not open articles when tapped
- Photos and videos may not sync to iCloud Photo Library
- Speak Screen Accessibility feature may quit unexpectedly within the Books app
- Live Listen may not turn off when switched off in Control Center
That’s everything found in the iOS 15.4 patch notes. For more on Apple and the company’s suite of services. Shacknews is your place.
Donovan Erskine posted a new article, iOS 15.4 update lets you unlock iPhone Face ID while wearing a mask
They’ve been saying that the last five updates.
Perfect timing there, Apple.