One of the most anticipated new fighting games on the horizon comes by way of industry veterans SNK. The King of Fighters XV aims to be the biggest and best in the series’ storied history. Ahead of its scheduled February 2022 launch, PlayStation console owners will get access to an open beta test. A trailer for the open beta debuted during today’s State of Play presentation.
The open beta session for The King of Fighters XV will kick off on November 19 at 7:00 pm PT (10:00 pm ET) and run through November 22 at 7:00 am PT (10:00 am ET). The session will be available on both PS4 and PS5 consoles. The game will be released in full on February 17, 2022, for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, and Steam.
The full game offers the following features:
- A total of 39 playable fighters at launch!
- Classic popular characters, heroes, and villains revived from the dead, new challengers, and more! The most epic dream match in KOF history is about to begin!
- KOF's story reaches its climax!
- The latest KOF Saga continues from the previous title in Story Mode. This time, the story is coming to an explosive climax!
- The culmination of the series' battle system
- Inheriting the series' traditional 3-on-3 team battle, KOF XV also features the exciting new “SHATTER STRIKE” mechanic. Enjoy an unprecedented sense of speed and hype fighting game action!
- Easy and versatile online play
- KOF XV features rollback netcode. There are also a variety of battle options that allow you to choose how you want to play!
For more news and details about all the announcements from this afternoon’s State of Play presentation, keep checking in with us here at Shacknews.