Valorant got another upgrade and the latest patch has rolled out. Valorant Patch 3.08 brings the latest list of changes to the game, including bug fixes, balance tweaks, and a few new features. Ever wanted to know if anything ever happened to that account you reported? Now the game will let you know if action was taken with report feedback (a crossover feature from League of Legends). There’s plenty more in Valorant 3.08’s patch notes as well. Check it out here.
Valorant Patch 3.08 notes
Valorant’s Patch 3.08 notes launched on October 19, 2021 with a blog post on the Valorant website. One of the major new updates is report feedback, which will now tell you if an action was taken against an account your reported. If you’re in the client, the notification will show up in realtime. If not, it will show up when you next log-in. This is a feature from League of Legends that has proven to provide some peace of mind to players wondering if the system works. You can see the rest of the patch notes below:
Persistent Report Feedback
- Your reports matter, and we want you to know that! You will now be notified if we took action on one of your reports, whether you are offline or not.
- If your client is up and running, you’ll receive a notification. If you’re offline at the time of action, fret not! You’ll receive your notification upon your return.
- Thanks for making VALORANT a safer place through your reports. Keep them coming!
Level Border Customization
- You will be able to equip any Account Level Border that has been unlocked
- A tab has been added to Playercard selection.
Hide Account Level
- It’s now possible to hide your Account Level when in a match with others who are not your friends
- To enable, uncheck the box located in the Level Border tab.
Equippable Skin Levels
- You should be able to equip any skin level except on variants, which will always default to the max skin level.
- Reduced instances where UI is invalidated
- Basically, lowered the amount of times the UI needed to update itself, thus saving performance costs.
- Optimized Viper’s Poison Cloud 1P HUD
- Optimized Viper’s Pit 1P HUD
- Optimized weapon and ability clipping plane calculations
- Coaches now have the ability to swap to players with keybinds
- Keybinds are 1-5 from left to right across the top HUD.
- Coaches will now see a visual Picture-in-Picture (PIP) on the top player HUD to indicate who they are spectating
- Coaches now inherit the setting to see player keybindings on the minimap, similar to Observers
- The valves on Viper's gloves now appear on the correct side of her hands in Left Hand Mode
- Weapon skins should now appear correctly in-game
- You may have occasionally seen some funkiness with Skins over the past few weeks. This was occurring, rarely, when playing on a slower connection due to an extended loading period.
- Attackers at A Lobby in Split could previously hear gunshots from the A Ramps during the buy phase—this was unintended and is now fixed
- Viper’s Ultimate will no longer spawn incorrectly when placed on top of the shipping crates on B site located on Icebox
- You may have noticed if you shot certain walls repeatedly a blinding orb would appear—this was caused by bloom stacking infinitely and should now be fixed
- Observers can now correctly see player outlines through barriers
- Fixed hitch that could occur when Barrier Orb breaks
- Fixed hitches for certain input prompts
- Fixed a bug where using Ping (Z) while defusing caused you to stop defusing
That covers Valorant Patch 3.08 and its notes. Be sure to check out all of our Valorant coverage here for the latest news and updates as they become available.