Xbox Game Pass early August 2021 series include Hades & Skate series
Indie darling Hades and the popular Skate series are a few of the titles coming to Xbox Game Pass in the first half of August.
Another month means it’s time for more Xbox Game Pass additions. Xbox Game Pass is widely considered to be one of the best deals in gaming and a big part of that is the ever growing library of games available in it. As we enter the first half of August 2021, Xbox has announced the latest lineup of what’s on the way for the program. If you’ve been holding off on Hades or somehow missed out on the early entries of Skate, you’re in for a treat.
Xbox announced the early August lineup of Xbox Game Pass via an Xbox Wire blog post on August 3, 2021. The highlights of this early month include Hades. Voted the Shacknews Indie Game of the Year in 2020, Hades has had its fans here at the site, as well as with players and critics throughout the gaming world. Meanwhile, we’ve all been asking for a new Skate game and it seems like Skate 4 is pretty far off, but if you missed out on why people love this franchise, Xbox has you covered. The original Skate is coming to consoles on Xbox Game Pass while Skate 3 comes to Xbox Cloud Gaming.
We can't decide which one we're most excited for. what about youhttps://t.co/SIOPfRUwBT pic.twitter.com/Xm4r00fx63— Xbox Game Pass (@XboxGamePass) August 3, 2021
Here’s everything that’s coming to the Xbox Game Pass in the first half of August:
- Curse of the Dead Gods (Cloud, Console, and PC) - August 5
- Dodgeball Academia (Cloud, Console, and PC) - August 5
- Katamari Damacy Reroll (Cloud, Console, and PC) - August 5
- Lumines Remastered (Cloud, Console, and PC) - August 5
- Skate (Console) EA Play - August 5
- Skate 3 (Cloud) EA Play - August 5
- Starmancer (Game Preview) (PC) - August 5
- Art of Rally (Cloud, Console, and PC) - August 12
- Hades (Cloud, Console, and PC) - August 13
- Microsoft Solitaire Collection: Premium Edition (PC) - August 17
That covers all of the early August 2021 Xbox Game Pass additions. Be sure to follow our Xbox Game Pass coverage for all the new games coming to the program and other news.
TJ Denzer posted a new article, Xbox Game Pass early August 2021 series include Hades & Skate series
Xbox Game Pass upcoming games:
- Curse of the Dead Gods (pc, console, cloud) - think Hades via Darkest Dungeon, I'd recommend giving this a look
- Dodgeball Academia (pc, console, cloud)
- Katamari Damacy Reroll (pc, console, cloud)
- Lumines Remastered (pc, console, cloud)
- Skate (console only)
- Skate 3 (console only) -- GET YOUR RAGDOLLS READAY
- Starmancer (pc only, game preview)
- Art of Rally (pc, console, cloud)
- Hades (pc, console, cloud)
- MS Solitaire Collection (pc only)
Also with the benefit of EA now owning Codemasters, these games join EA Play and thus Game Pass August 10 (Assuming pc + console)
- Dirt 4
- Dirt Rally
- Dirt Rally 2.0
- F1 2020
If we're talking the Ascent's issues, that sounds like its a problem that devs need to build different versions for different storefronts, and if they misconfigure the Game Pass/MS Store one, you can run into issues. Yes, it would be nice if Game Pass could just use the Steam build but obviously there's API hooks that they need to worry about to like with Xbox authentication / achievements, etc.
As I said, Curse is basically similar to Hades (isometric combat in a roguelike) but with Darkest Dungeon aspects - take too much damage, or sacrifice blood for upgrades and you gain levels of madness that typically negatively affect your performance.
The combat is not as tight as Hades, but it works well enough to make the overall formula interesting.
Speaking of Psychonauts 2:
6 min preview of the 3hr score from Peter McConnell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRH7yzwh-ds
And an interview with Peter about its composition: https://spin.com/2021/08/psychonauts-2-musical-tour