The dust has settled, big summer game reveals have come and gone. There was an E3 2021 and there was quite a fantastic Shacknews E5 that followed. But now it’s time to get back to our regularly scheduled fun, and that means a typical Shacknews Dump full of the week’s most interesting gaming news.
On This June 25 edition of the Shacknews Dump, we got a peak at the havoc that Microsoft intends to wreak on our PCs when it launches the Windows 11 OS this coming holiday. It doesn’t sound all bad, but open beta access is also coming. Enter if you dare. Meanwhile, Sonic the Hedgehog turned 30 this week and there was a bunch of fantastic Sonic news including a full orchestral concert celebrating the series and its iconic music.
You can find these and other news stories discussed today on the Shacknews Dump, which will go live on the Shacknews Twitch channel at 1:40 p.m. PT / 4:40 p.m. ET. You can also watch the show just below at that time.
Here’s the rundown of topics that will be discussed on today’s Shacknews Dump:
- The reveal of Windows 11
- Sonic went from way past cool to way past 30
- AntiVirus software creator John McAfee found dead in prison cell at 75
- PAX West 2021's health guidelines do not include proof of vaccination
- Arcade1Up Infinity Gaming Table review: To Infinity and beyond
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 Nintendo Switch impressions: Can I kick it? (Yes, you can)
- Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance review: New initiatives
- Game Builder Garage review: Build your own adventure
- Phil Spencer on Halo Infinite and Killer Instinct
As always, we’d like to thank everyone who tunes into the Shacknews Dump and other ShackStream productions. Your involvement and interaction makes these livestreams all the more worthwhile. If you’d like to help support our streams, don’t forget to follow and subscribe to the Shacknews Twitch channel. It helps us keep the lights on and if you link your Amazon Prime account to your Twitch account, you can even do it for free each month. Make Bezos spend his Bezos bucks instead of spending your own.
The Dump has Sonic and Windows out the wazoo this week, so tune in as we get ready to go live and close out the week with the hottest gaming topics.