Good evening, Shacknews, it's night time, which means it's time for Evening Reading. Let's officially close out our day of posting. Please take a look.
In case you missed it at Shacknews:
- Hood: Outlaws and Legends review: Battle of the bandits
- Resident Evil Village review: I'm not trapped in here with you...
- Returnal review: All you need is kill
- Dogecoin (DOGE) crashes over 20%, Elon Musk yells 'to the moon' on SNL Weekend Update segment
- PS5 console availability to remain scarce into 2022
- Days Gone's PC version won't feature DLSS or ray tracing support
- The Coalition is shifting new game development to Unreal Engine 5 & Xbox Series X
- Roughly 95% of US Apple users opted out of App Tracking in iOS 14.5
- Beast Boy comes to Fortnite this week
- Twitch's April 2021 viewership marked another record-high for the platform
- Capcom (COOEF) FY2020 report boasts fourth consecutive year of record profits
And now... Other Stuff From The Internet!!!
This is the best
I can’t stop laughing at this. pic.twitter.com/LkWMP0lm6o— NOLAnerdcast (@NOLAnerdcast) April 21, 2021
How people come up with this stuff is beyond me.
Watch Batman do a basic thing
Tim Burton and Michael Keaton debating how Batman would answer the phone. I love this stuff. pic.twitter.com/0OfKa0gQ9A— Spence, Todd (@Todd_Spence) April 25, 2021
Seeing Batman do normal things while decked out in his armor is hilarious.
Go watch Curve
Thinking about how one of my favourite horror short films, CURVE by Tim Egan, only has a steeply curved incline as an antagonist, and it is HORRIFYING.https://t.co/hcMdqUpW3j pic.twitter.com/xDQGGKtwmo— 👁️𝚃𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚘𝚛 𝙷𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗👁️ (@slimyswampghost) April 25, 2021
A piece of architecture has never been more horrifying.
The Plastic Problem
Plastics recycling is failing, and the industry is betting big on a technology called chemical recycling to try and save it. So can chemical recycling help our plastic problem? Watch the full video here: https://t.co/0uDzfj7fYS pic.twitter.com/T9pLvPmBxZ— CNBC (@CNBC) April 27, 2021
Single-use plastics are a huge issue. Australia has banned a lot of single-use plastic now, which is a great first step.
Xbox doesn't care if you have an Xbox
I'm playing Halo 2 via Game Pass on my iPhone, using my Dualshock 4 controller.— Joseph Moran BLM (@MrBadBit) April 26, 2021
Video games are cool y’all. 💙💚💙 pic.twitter.com/jqKlZo6Ywz
Time to play some Xbox games on your Apple device using a Sony controller.
The universe is quite large
This is one of the biggest numbers you can find in a physics paper. It's the expected distance one would travel before encountering another visible-universe-sized region of space with an identical quantum state as ours. pic.twitter.com/p8SdVkJ1Lk— Fermat's Library (@fermatslibrary) April 25, 2021
The mind boggles.
In retrospect, sapling is a weird word
calling a baby tree a sapling is like calling a baby human a bloodling— phil (@PhilJamesson) March 1, 2020
Surely we can use something better?
How good is Titanfall 2?
Alright I caved and made one pic.twitter.com/uipIFBwwt2— Not Dan Pearce (just kidding) (@GameDesignDan) April 23, 2021
What an excellent game. I'm pretty sure it's in Xbox Game Pass now. Go play it!
There you have it, Shacknews, your Evening Reading for tonight. Please consider subscribing to Shacknews Mercury to support our site for as little as $1/month.
Here's a photo of Rad to brighten your night!
What are you up to tonight? Let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment thread below.