Good evening, Shacknews, it's Monday evening, the beginning of another week. You've made it through the toughest day of them all. You're two sleeps away from Hump Day and then it's a smooth slide into the weekend where the new Destiny 2 raid awaits. Also, I don't think I've said it (maybe I have), congratulations on your new President Elect. Well done. It doesn't mean the work is over, you've got to keep fighting. Now, let's gander at some of the excellent content posted on Shacknews today and then check out some memes!
In case you missed it at Shacknews:
- Bet on Black: How Microsoft and Xbox Changed Pop Culture, Part 1
- Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory review - Fantasmic
- Shack Chat: What was your favorite game of the XB1/PS4 generation?
- Airbnb files for IPO following successful quarter
- Tesla (TSLA) to be added to S&P 500 index next month
- Shacknews livestream schedule - Week of November 16, 2020
- Microsoft won't make Bethesda go exclusive, but it wants the 'first or best' on Xbox
- Capcom leak reveals Resident Evil Village and Monster Hunter Rise details
- Capcom hit by ransomware attack, up to 350,000 accounts may be affected
- Oxford study concludes that gaming can benefit mental health
- Oculus Quest 2 Build 23.0 finally brings 90Hz support to the VR headset
- Minecraft gets Star Wars Mandalorian & original trilogy DLC
- Mando Mondays week 4 brings Moff Gideon & other collectibles to the fray
- Overwatch's Symmetra gets spiritual in new short story [Update]
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies throw their guts if they can't reach you
- Destiny 2 Complete Strategy Guide
And now... Other Stuff From The Internet!!!
Dunkey reviews the PS5
Now do Demon's Souls. I cannot wait until Australia gets more PS5 stock. I need to play the remake!
Remember being kept back during your lunch break in school?
Wear a mask
It's looking like we've turned the corner at my house, so I'm going to tell you a story about love and a pandemic. It starts two weeks ago Monday. I taught class that morning, but by lunch I knew something was up. By afternoon, I knew I was sick.— Matt Waite (@mattwaite) November 15, 2020
I said, wear a mask!
Wholesome tiktok pic.twitter.com/kbafrZuI4w— Felicia Miranda (@feliciavagabond) November 16, 2020
Why not both?
Xbox dev kit
In celebration of the 19th anniversary of @Xbox, here’s a never before seen prototype dev kit shared with me by the late Brett Schnepf. The side bar lights glow green! 💚 pic.twitter.com/gqN7Cplt2I— Xbox Darkroom (@XboxDarkRoom) November 15, 2020
A pretty great looking prototype dev kit.
Whatchya thinking about, Lola?
November 15, 2020
She looks out the window like how I look out the window.
Is it really ok to punch nazis? pic.twitter.com/8w4YYmA81h— Aamer Rahman (@aamer_rahman) November 6, 2017
Here's a great bit from a few years ago now. Still relevant.
How will you pay?
MT @Marmel— H. Eric Loewe (@ericlo) November 14, 2020
"How are you going to pay...?"@AOC: "No one asks how we're going to pay for the Space Force. No one asked how we paid for a $2 trillion tax cut. We only ask how we pay for it on issues of housing, healthcare and education."
She’s killing itpic.twitter.com/l3Nm73mijA
Good question, let's ask that of a lot of other things.
It's wrestling time!
Yes, @DMcIntyreWWE is somehow even MORE ready than you imagined for this #WWEChampionship main event! #WWERaw pic.twitter.com/2ZrUQEr3cy— WWE (@WWE) November 17, 2020
That's a big sword!
You guys all said my game idea for a shooter where your arms are noodles and you can't control them was stupid. Well, I prototyped it and now who's stupid!!!!?#madewithunity @sidefx #kinefx #screenshotsaturday #gamedev pic.twitter.com/sDCkDOzIZR— Andy Saia (@saiacide) November 14, 2020
I want to play this game.
Today I reached the next level of remote work excellence. 🏅 pic.twitter.com/hxbGLfo7dT— Wolf Brüning (@WolfBruening) November 12, 2020
Might need to crack out the old box of LEGO.
There you have it, Shacknews, your Evening Reading for November 16, 2020. Please consider subscribing to Shacknews Mercury to support our site for as little as $1/month.
Here's a photo of Rad. It's getting pretty warm over here and he's beginning to feel it. Going to have to start turning that air con on. I do not look forward to this quarter's electricity bill.
What are you up to tonight? Let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment thread below.
Sam Chandler posted a new article, Evening Reading - November 16, 2020