Good evening, Shacknews, it's Monday evening, the start of another week. Last week felt like it was a month long but I must say, congratulations on finding a new President. It's going to be another busy week in gaming as we anticipate the release of the next generation of consoles (soon to be called the currnet-gen consoles, so prepare yourself for that change). Let us first take a moment to look over some of the stellar content posted on Shacknews today, including a review of Bugsnax! And then, perhaps there are some memes we can look at together.
In case you missed it at Shacknews:
- Bugsnax review: It's about ethics in Grumpus journalism
- Last One at the Table: Phil Spencer on Inheriting Xbox One and Launching Xbox Series X
- PS5 review: It's what's on the inside that counts
- Xbox Series X review: The future is not here
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla review: Dining with the Gods
- Rainbow Six Siege: Operation Neon Dawn hands-on preview
- The indisputable ranking of every Destiny DLC
- Mando Mondays week 3 delivers more Star Wars products and goodies
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members get a free month of Disney+
- What to expect from Apple's One More Thing special event
- Apple suspends business with manufacturer Pegatron for violating labor laws in China
- You can now pet the Bugsnax in Bugsnax
- Genshin Impact Version 1.1 patch notes: New 5-Stars & City Reputation
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition will bring remastered trilogy in 2021
- Sam & Max Save the World Remastered brings back comic insanity in December
- Halo 4 comes to the Master Chief Collection on PC this month
- Nintendo, Take-Two, & other game stocks drop on news of COVID-19 vaccine
- PUBG Mobile could return to India on Microsoft's Azure cloud services
And now... Other Stuff From The Internet!!!
It's an exciting time to be a Shacker! I'm looking forward to seeing you all in Cortex!
Good things come to those who wait
And Cortex is good, very good.
I love Tabasco sauce
Seeing how it is made only makes me love it more.
Here's to Halo 2
16 years ago, we first listened through rock and metal and time.— Halo (@Halo) November 9, 2020
Happy birthday, Halo 2! 🎊 pic.twitter.com/nBKlfORHsj
Halo 2 is the best Halo.
Green OG Xbox
The only picture I have of the Halo edition Xbox that my dad got me for my birthday so many years ago. Probably the most happy I’ve ever been for a birthday gift, and a system that heavily influenced the trajectory for my love of games. Very excited for tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/brb0IzMFFW— Donovan Erskine (@Donimals_) November 9, 2020
Donovan coming in with the special Halo edition of the OG Xbox.
Video games are good
I really like video games.— Productive Citizen ✌🏾💙🙏🏾👊🏾 (@technosucks) November 9, 2020
Some video games are great...
...like Disco Elysium
Have you played it yet?
you know video game graphics have gotten to the breaking point when the big new feature of these new consoles is that reflections look somewhat better— 9 V O L T (@9_volt_) November 8, 2020
How much further can we go?
I think we need a supplement to the Tolerance Paradox called the Empathy Paradox: being expected to empathize with people who have no empathy. pic.twitter.com/QApzCrDCCg— "Critical Kate" Willært 🤘🏻 (@katewillaert) November 9, 2020
Some important things to remember.
Math has done it again
a republican on tv just said “it’s important to remember there are just as many people disappointed as there are celebrating in the street” no there aren’t we literally counted— soul nate (@MNateShyamalan) November 8, 2020
Well done, North America
Baby brushtail possum
This is an Australian brushtail possum. They're rather cute and cuddly.
There you have it, Shacknews, your Evening Reading for November 9, 2020. Please consider subscribing to Shacknews Mercury to support our site for as little as $1/month.
Here's a photo of me, my quarantine haircut, and my new Xbox Series X for your viewing pleasure. It's the 10th of November in Australia, so the Xbox is already out. Hopefully I get a chance to open her up soon. PlayStation 5 in a few days! Video games are good!
What are you up to tonight? Let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment thread below.
Sam Chandler posted a new article, Evening Reading - November 9, 2020
Cats love empty boxes. Maybe tomorrow we'll get a picture of Rad and/or Wednesday playing with your XBX box?!