Good evening, Shacknews! It looks like we've made it to Friday Eve again. Far out, how fast has the week gone? And, what a week it's been! How are you trucking along so far? I hope you're managing to kick goals while also taking care of yourself. Now, remember to register to vote. We're fast approaching November. If you go and do that, you get a treat (democracy). With that said and done, let's get on with reading some articles and looking at some funny things.
In case you missed it at Shacknews:
- United States voter registration dates and deadlines for 2020 election
- AMD announces Ryzen 9 5950X as the beefier variant of Ryzen 5000 CPUs
- AMD teases Radeon RX 6000 Series 'Big Navi' GPUs
- AMD reveals Ryzen 9 5900X CPU
- AMD reveals Zen 3 CPU microarchitecture
- Mortal Kombat 11 will upgrade to PS5 & Xbox Series for free with cross-gen play
- Bugsnax will be a PlayStation 5 launch title
- GameStop enters multi-year partnership with Microsoft
- Google, Facebook, Amazon, & Twitter slam U.S. House antitrust report
- Blaston brings PVP VR gun duels to Oculus Quest today
- Dreamcast Mini may be in the works at Sega
- Skye revealed as Valorant's next agent
- PSN update reportedly removes PS3/PSP/Vita games from the webstore
- Mileena, Rain, & Rambo coming to Mortal Kombat 11 in Kombat Pack 2
- SteelSeries QcK Prism 3XL impressions: An RGB landscape of glide & slide
- Night City Wire Episode 4 will focus on Cyberpunk 2077's vehicles next week
- Shacknews Presents: Pop! Goes the Culture! - Episode 1
And now... Other Stuff From The Internet!!!
I said: GARLIC BREAD.
The meeting of legends
This is a powerful image. Rebillet is kicking some serious ass.
Sit up straight and unclench your jaw
Idk what this aesthetic is called but I need more of it in my life pic.twitter.com/nAlBlNw6dd— ☁︎ ᶜᵃʳˡʸ ☁︎ BLM ((comms open)) (@ChzzyFryz) October 7, 2020
Take care of yourself.
It's the face we all wear when talking to an infant.
Occupying the White House requires situational awareness.— Rex Chapman🏇🏼 (@RexChapman) October 8, 2020
Obama vs. fly
Never forget... pic.twitter.com/1emRAcH8Gm
Take that! Stupid fly.
Those PlayStation controllers will get ya!
Setting your controller down while playing bloodborne pic.twitter.com/J4w2QQkEIf— Lone (@lonelytiefling) October 8, 2020
The fact that the entire controller rests on the triggers is a major design flaw.
Back in my day we didn't have "iPhones." If we wanted to send someone a message we entrusted it to a messenger whose inability to deliver it would eventually lead to multiple deaths in the Capulet tomb— SparkNotes (@SparkNotes) October 8, 2020
Tower Knight gets a new shield
Did you see the actual size of the PS5? It's a beast.
He doesn't like his job
The dude knows what's about to happen.
Recharge the spirits
Some days really do be like that. I know I go to my partner for a spirit recharge when I'm feeling down.
Light Mode = Bright Mode
light mode pic.twitter.com/OgLGTb9xKn— phil (@PhilJamesson) October 8, 2020
I use Light Mode for a lot of things. Proud to say I'm not a vampire.
There you have it, Shacknews, your Evening Reading for October 8, 2020. Please consider subscribing to Shacknews Mercury to support our site for as little as $1/month.
Here's an older photo of Rad, sleeping under a table in front of a window. We had put a pillow on the ground so he could sit there and look out. He's fast asleep here.
What are you up to tonight? Let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment thread below.