Hey Shacknews, it's time for Evening Reading. Let's officially close out our day of posting. Please take a look.
Against all odds, a Cleveland Brown won something today
Patches O'houlihan is smiling down from the heaven tonight.
Detroit bank won't let local man cash his racial discrimination lawsuit settlement check
A Detroit man settled a race discrimination lawsuit. Then his bank refused to cash his legitimate check and called police, triggering another race discrimination suit.— Angie Jackson (@AngieJackson23) January 23, 2020
“None of this would have happened if I were white,” Sauntore Thomas said.https://t.co/a8asWPnrGP
"None of this would have happened if I were white," said Sauntore Thomas.
Hero of Time
Lon Lon Ranch pumpkin farm 🍁 Holy bananas, I’m overwhelmed by all the messages and kind congrats from everyone. I wasn’t expecting this honestly ;_; From the bottom of my heart, thank you! #zelda #nendography @ZeldaInformer @GifZelda @GoodSmile_US pic.twitter.com/sxbqkMSHj8— Captain Dangerous (@CaptDangerous64) January 23, 2020
This is outstanding.
Classic WWE moment
LOL at the King.
Baby singing Thunderstruck by AC/DC
This is extremely well done. Thanks to jimmy-buffett for bringing this to my attention with his Shacknews Chatty thread.
Steven Universe has a nod to Nintendo Project Dolphin
Steven Universe has a Nintendo Gamecube in their Universe. But instead of being called a GameCube... it is simple... "Dolphin". pic.twitter.com/REeAt7TBCA— TRAFON (@RiseFallNick) January 23, 2020
Gotta love that GameCube.
Not my kind of foam party...
A Spanish town has been engulfed in thick marine foam as a tidal surge along the Catalan coast due to storm Gloria swept at least 3 km inland [full story: https://t.co/wWYNfn69aw] [source of the gif: https://t.co/vfKX2D2dJZ] pic.twitter.com/fJE5fsAxDP— Massimo (@Rainmaker1973) January 23, 2020
In case you missed it at Shacknews:
- Mortal Kombat 11 - Hands-on preview with Joker
- Doom Eternal hands-on preview: Hell on Earth
- Stern Pinball talks Stranger Things and the future & past of pinball games
- Stardew Valley has sold over 10 million copies according to creator
- Disco Elysium is introducing a new, harder Hardcore mode
- Hugo Martin interview: Doom Eternal is "nutritional content"
- PGRU Smash Bros Ranking changing from algorithm to panel ranking
- Hideo Kojima wants to work on smaller, episodic games
- Tetris mobile app now available on iOS and Android
- Bloober Team looks to be teasing an Observer sequel
- SteelSeries Sensei Ten review: Comfort and durability
There you have it, Shacknews. Your Evening Reading for January 23, 2020. Please consider subscribing to Shacknews Mercury to support our site for as little as $1/month. Here is a photo of Lola to brighten your night.
What are you up to tonight? Let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment thread below.