Call of Duty Modern Warfare’s first major patch, update 1.07, is here, and with it comes a whole list of changes and additions for the first-person shooter. As suspected from early information on the patch, the 725 shotgun and claymore lethal ordinance took some nerfs, but the also arguably overpowered M4A1 joined them. Meanwhile, free new maps have come to the regular and Ground War playlists, changing up the flow of the game in Multiplayer and giving players new tactical battlegrounds to explore.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare update 1.07’s patch notes were released by Infinity Ward on the Modern Warfare Reddit on November 8, 2019. The two free maps included Krovnik Farm for Ground War and Shoot House for all other multiplayer PVP modes. Meanwhile, new counter options were included for riot shields and claymores. Thrown knives and thermite will properly unequip the Riot Shield from a player while explosive damage has been adjusted to work properly around it now. Meanwhile, the claymore’s activation and damage range were adjusted, as well as the damage being adjusted to non-lethal if the claymore is destroyed by bullets.
Battle chatter has also been adjusted in the game to be less confusing or outright position revealing. Now enemies can’t hear your team’s call outs and you won’t hear your operator do callouts anymore. Moreover, the range and situations at which a call out will activate have also been adjusted to make the system less of an annoyance. Though some adjustments for footsteps were made, this patch hints that another major adjustment for footsteps is coming soon which will lighten the sounds moving in crouching or prone positions.
All of the finer patch details in Modern Warfare update 1.07 can be read below:
NEW FREE MAPS!
- We’ve added Krovnik Farmland to Ground War and Shoot House to Multiplayer!
NEW PLAYLISTS AND A NEW MODE!
Hardpoint is now in rotation!
- Shoot House 24/7: This includes a mixture of Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Headquarters
- Backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms, include dev errors, and various performance fixes.
- Fix for a few bugs where some streaks and Field Upgrades were able to be flown out of bounds without penalty. General out of bound fixes were also added.
- Fix for a bug where a player being killed by an enemy with a Variable Zoom Scope would not see the zoom function in the killcam
- Fix for the Semtex warning audio being heard at the same volume whether in a building or outside
- In Headquarters, players were able to place a Tac Insert and respawn when their team owned the point. This has been fixed.
- Fix for various collision issues across maps
- Added UI that shows when XP events are active in playlists menus
- Sprint and Tactical Sprint speeds are now back to speeds in Beta
- Fix for a bug where the progress of the bomb defusal can be seen by the team that planted the bomb
- Fix for a bug that revealed players to UAVs when they fired their weapons, even if they had Ghost and a silencer equipped
- Fixed an issue where if multiple Personal Radars were active on a team, and are both marking the same enemy, only one player would see the enemy on their minimap.
- Fixed an issue where the throwing knife and Thermite weren’t causing the shield to go on the player’s back when thrown. We’ve also fixed the issue where explosive splash damage wasn’t working consistently. We’ll continue to tune the Riot Shield in future updates.
- Detonating an enemy claymore with bullets is now non-lethal when at full health. We’ve also reduced the trigger and damage radius and also reduced the damage width to better match the trigger width.
- Removed the ability for enemies to hear when they’ve been called out by the opposing team. We also adjusted the enemy callouts so they are never from your Operator. Enemy callouts now use a more restricted cone at the hip and even more restricted in ADS when calculating whether or not to trigger. We’ll continue to monitor this and make additional tweaks to Battle Chatter in future updates.
- Slight increase to recoil while mounting.
- E.O.D. now clamps damage to a non-lethal amount, assuming the player is at full health.
- Continued updates to player visibility in dark windows and dark areas.
- We’ve increased the occlusion percentage to filter footstep sounds behind geometry and adjusted the footstep volume at a distance. We have another large footstep change coming in the next update which will make crouch and ADS movement significantly quieter. Stay tuned!
- Fix for a bug where the Infiltrator challenge was not tracking properly.
- Fix for launchers not giving XP when shooting down killstreaks.
- Fix for a bug where planting or defusing 5 bombs in Cyber Attack or SnD was not tracking properly.
- Camo challenge for “Kills After a Reload” didn’t give the player enough time to acquire a kill, so time has been increased
- Fix for a bug where your XP require to reach the next rank was higher than the value needed
- 725 Shotgun: Increase to ADS and Hip Spread, reduced damage range
- M4A1 Assault Rifle: Reduced damage range, small recoil increase
- Assault Rifles: Increased hip spread to reduce effectiveness up close, less damage at long range for full auto 5.56 rifles
- SMGs: Increased move speed, increased ADS move speed, small reduction in sprint out time
- UZI SMG: Increased damage range
- MG34 LMG: Increased hip spread, damage range reduction, small ADS slow down
- M91 LMG: Increased hip spread, small damage range reduction
- PKM: Increased hip spread, medium damage range reduction
- Pistols: Increased move speed, reduced sprint out time, increased damage range
- Crouch and Prone no longer adjust recoil
Call of Duty League
- Updated rulesets for CDL competitive modes in private match
- Fix for a bug where a player could use lose their primary weapon and would be unable to see their viewmodel after being revived by a teammate
- Fix for a bug where players would sometimes be unable to pick a spawn location
- Fix for a bug where a Tac Insert could cause players to spawn on the enemy home base
- Pick up Intel! – In the Operations, explore Verdansk to find additional backstory information of Verdansk and the Operators.
- Fix for scoreboards displaying incorrect data
- XP adjustments and general backend fixes
- Various fixes for out of bounds and parachute exploits
- Respawn timer no longer stays on screen after teammates are revived from bleedout
- Fix for issue where the Munitions were not usable after respawning via Gunship
- Fix for losing your weapons when picking up the core
- Achievements can now be unlocked in CP
- Fix for issue where players could spawn with their weapons in the downed state
- Picked up Munitions no longer carry over from match to match. Only the Munitions you purchase with points will.
- When respawning via the Gunship, you will no longer be given the Tank role
- Selecting an Allegiance Operator or Allegiance as a favorite faction will now properly assign the voice of the correct operator
- Operation Headhunter: Fix for a bug where players are not able to lock missiles onto the final boss helicopter
- Operation Crosswind: Adjusted stealth for gameplay
- Operation Paladin: Fix for a bug where there was no UI or indicator of where to go or how to finish the objective after defending the 3rd arms crate
- Operation Paladin: Fix for a bug where the default weapon was different than the weapon a player would hold if they were placed in Last Stand”
Call of Duty Modern Warfare update 1.07 is now live. Are you excited to live in a post-725 shotgun and claymore dominating world? Let us know in the Shacknews Chatty comment section below!