With Borderlands 3 set to arrive on Steam at some point, many players have been trying to figure out exactly how they’ll go about transferring their save file from the Epic Games Store to Steam. Unfortunately, we can’t quite complete the process just yet, but we will outline some things you need to know to get set up for the inevitable day that Gearbox Software’s latest looter shooter makes the jump to Steam.
How to transfer Borderlands 3 save from Epic to Steam
Before we get started, we want to make note of one simple thing. We have no verification as of yet of whether or not your Borderlands 3 save file on the Epic Games store will be able to be used with the Steam version of the game. Being as there is no Steam version to test with just yet, the following bits that we’re going to point out could be all for naught. With that in mind, transferring your save file from the Epic Game Store to Steam will require you to work within the game files themselves. If you aren’t comfortable doing this, then you won’t be able to utilize this method.
How to locate your Borderlands 3 save file on Epic Games Store
Perhaps the most confusing part of this entire process is that you’re going to have to locate a folder with a weird name to find your Borderlands 3 save file from the Epic Games Store version of the game. To locate the save file following the steps we’ve listed below:
- First, open up your Documents
- Next, locate the My Games
- Now, look for Borderlands 3 and open that folder up.
- With the Borderlands 3 folder open, look for the Saved
- Once inside Saved, locate the SaveGames
- At this point you should see a folder with a long, weird number. This is where you’ll find your save files for Borderlands 3. Keep in mind that if you have logged into multiple EGS accounts on the computer you are using, then you’ll see multiple account folders.
- Select your account folder (you’ll have to figure out which is which is you have multiple) and then copy the .sav files from there.
Unfortunately, there’s not much else we can do just yet, as we don’t know where the save files will be stored in the Steam version of the game. However, we will keep this article updated with additional information as it becomes available.
For more help in Borderlands 3, you can always head back over to our Borderlands 3 guide, or even check out some of the other content we’ve created for the game, like our guide to the best guns and Legendary Weapons.