Epic Games is among the huge number of game developers to be in attendance at PAX West 2019 this weekend. Fans can almost certainly expect to see some of Epic's biggest properties, but the company will also be showcasing a number of unique independent games. These titles have been revealed ahead of the show, and are being presented as part of the Epic Games Store PAX West 2019 showcase.
So far eight different titles have been featured as part of the PAX West 2019 showcase, and many of them appear to be exclusives. The two that aren't — Ooblets and The Enternal Cylinder — are the only two to have been revealed ahead of the latest showcase, and it seems they (along with perhaps all of the other titles) will appear as timed exclusives on the Epic Games Store.
Here's the full list of indie games featured in the Epic Games Store PAX West 2019 showcase, with details pulled from the announcement post on the Epic Games website:
- Airborne Kingdom is a city management simulator based around a fantasy setting
- The Alto Collection is a bundle of both Alto's Adventure and Alto's Odyssey
- The Eternal Cylinder is an open world survival game set on an alien world
- Manifold Garden is a first-person, physics-based exploration game
- No Straight Roads is an action game based around electronic music
- Ooblets is a farming or gardening game based around the titular creatures
- Superliminal is a first-person puzzler with world manipulation mechanics
- Wattam is an amusing physics-based sandbox experience
While no specific exclusivity details have been revealed, it's safe to assume that most if not all of the games will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store for at least a few months, perhaps a year. It's also very possible that we'll hear more information about release dates or future platform options throughout PAX. To stay on top of the latest details from the west-coast Penny Arcade Expo, keep it tuned to Shacknews' PAX West 2019 home page.