Hot on the heels of last week's patch, the folks at Phoenix Labs have just rolled out Dauntless update version 0.8.2. A smaller update than last week's offering, this latest patch offers a few changes and adjustments meant as a "quality-of-life improvement" that will address some of the game's most noticeable bugs. Aside from that, it also offers Huntboard details, a third dye region, and the option to report bugs in-game.
Dauntless 0.8.2 update notes
The new additions will likely be the biggest focus of the Datunless update 0.8.2. Slayers will notice that they now have a third area to apply dye on each and every armor, and up to three dyes can be used on each piece. New details are arriving in the Huntboard, including Behemeoth strengths and weaknesses. Finally, if players spot a bug, they can report it in-game by going to the main menu, selecting the Help menu, then using the Report a Bug option.
Aside from these new additions, the rest of patch version 0.8.2 is aimed at general quality-of-life improvements. Here are the full patch notes as offered through the official Dauntless website.
Dauntless update 0.8.2 full patch notes
- Improved performance for Charrogg, Hellion, Valomyr, and Rezakiri. Before you ask: This is not the “final” performance improvement for these Behemoths. We will continue to work to improve this going forward.
- Made multiple optimizations to VFX and Behemoths to make them less resource-intensive. This should lead to improved performance on hunts.
- Added a shimmer to “invisible” Kharabaks. They should now be a little easier to see when enraged.
- Introduced fixes for the most common crashes that players were running into on all platforms.
- Cancel Matchmaking and Skip Matchmaking should now work as intended.
- Fixed a bug where changing your lantern on the airship could cause its UI to disappear during the following hunt.
- The Middleman will now show the correct price for (a) unlocking new cell slots and (b) speeding up cooks.
- Fixed a bug where Slayers could get stuck in the Hunt Pass screen.
- Fixed a bug where some Slayers could see and craft the previous (pre-0.8.0) versions of Moonreaver Shrike weapons.
- Using Aetherslam will no longer execute the hammer’s standing blast or incorrectly place a single-ammo Landbreaker.
- Molten Edict (hammer) will now correctly and consistently spawn its fireball again.
- Slayers who have their system language set to Polish should no longer experience Dauntless in Portuguese. It will now be in English.
- Fixed a bug where players couldn’t equip the Death’s Head or Sky Anchor sigils.
- Fixed a bug where some TVs would clip the top corners of the HUD depending on overscan settings. (You should now be able to see your compass.)
- Fixed a bug where opening the Move List on the airship could cause it get stuck, remaining on the screen for the duration of the hunt.
- Held actions (e.g. gathering, healing at aether vents) should now correctly complete when their meters are filled. This aether vent no longer tastes of … fear.
- Fixed a bug where using a keyboard to navigate the store could result in the wrong item being selected.
- The Sylvan Barrel Mastery card will now display the correct icon and background.
- Interrupt indicators will now correctly display any time a Behemoth is in an interruptible state on all platforms.
- Fixed a bug where VFX could end prematurely and abruptly.
- Fixed a bug where Slayers could go invisible when browsing certain menus.
- Fixed a bug where the End of Hunt survey could get cut off if the player was mid-answer.
- Raised Razorwing Kharabak’s health to its intended level. I feel my power returning …
- Fixed a bug where the Armour Crafting screen would show an incorrect resistance rating for armour level +11 and up.
- Added the ability for Slayers to customize their appearance from the Personality menu. But you can still make Gregario happy by visiting his mirror.
- Fixed a bug that caused the camera to reset into the sky when exiting the Hunt Pass screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused beards to show through certain helmets in the Loadout, Personality, and Store screens.
Dauntless update version 0.8.2 is only the latest in a long line of patches to come. Be sure to stay on top of Phoenix Labs' latest release by heading over to Shacknews' Dauntless home page.