Risk of Rain 2 is a great game that deserves to be played by game fans the world over. Good news, then: The folks at Hopoo Games have just released Early Access patch #3930265, which adds 10 languages from across the globe in what the team is calling "full localization support."
According to an announcement post made over on the Risk of Rain 2 Steam news page, the following languages are now supported as of build ID #3930265:
- Simplified Chinese
Any of these languages can be selected at-will. To change the localization option, right click on Risk of Rain 2 in the Steam Library, then click Properties. In the resulting dialog box, find the Languages tab, then use the drop-down menu to choose the preferred language.
The latest patch does have a few other fixes and changes, notably including a new 60 fps cap that is enabled by default in order to "help with certain GPUs." This new option can be changed in the in-game settings menu. Here are the rest of the latest patch notes:
Risk of Rain 2 Early Access Build ID #3830295 patch notes
- Director no longer stops spawning monsters late in the game
- Director logic in selecting/skipping monsters to spawn has been cleaned up
- Reorganize fall damage code to try to fix issues with the server reporting false fall damage hits
- Fix an issue where every item pickup saved immediately to disk, causing a stutter
- Picking up new equipment with Gesture of the Drowned no longer fires every frame
- Fix bosses and monsters sometimes spawning behind closed gates on Wetland Aspect
- Game now launches with 60 fps cap on by default to help with certain GPUs. This can be turned off in the settings.
- Fix pings occasionally having weird scaling issues
- Pinging monsters is now more precise
- Fix Imp Overlord's void spikes not having their proc coefficient properly assigned. This means that you will bleed and burn for a longer duration from that attack.
- Losing max shields now properly removes extra shield
- Fix networking of objective panel display for clients on the Gilded Coast
- Dramatically improve performance for specific canvases (Character Select, Main Menu, etc)
- Revise UI texts to support localization efforts
- Fix alignment issue in Game End Panel's class
- Fix wrapping issue in Objective panel for long objectives
- Add lots of missing token strings into files to aid translations
- Fix wrapping issue in title screen buttons
- Fix wrong style for Prismatic Trial buttons
- Fix wrapping issues in settings buttons
- Fix truncation issue in logbook names
- Fix various other wrapping and styling issues prevalent in different languages
Risk of Rain 2 is a game that should not be missed, especially by fans of the roguelike genre. Hopoo Games has stumbled upon quite a magical recipe, offering tense action and endless replayability in a perfectly realized 3D world. Be sure to learn more about the game and check out a few helpful guides by double-jumping over to Shacknews' Risk of Rain 2 home page.