Just Cause 4 continues to unleash untold mayhem upon the island of Solis. Wreaking havoc and creating wicked amounts of destruction just got a little bit easier with Tuesday's Spring Update, which was revealed and deployed by Square Enix on Tuesday. But before getting into the update itself, the publisher also unveiled what's next for the game's line of DLC.
Because armed militants and natural disasters just aren't enough for Rico Rodriguez to deal with, the Los Demonios DLC will dive straight into a mysterious, supernatural invasion. There's an ancient demonic force that's invading Solis, one that's killing anything and everything in sight. Rico's full arsenal of heavy weapons may not be enough to deal with this infestation, so the DLC will equip him with a brand new demon-killing crossbow. Those with the Just Cause 4 Gold Edition and the Expansion Pass can begin demon hunting on June 26, with other versions of the game able to pick this up a week later.
As for Tuesday's free Spring update, Avalanche Studios is addressing a handful of the criticisms that Just Cause 4 has received since its release, including a few issues raised by our original review. For starters, world lighting has been overhauled and will provide greater visibility to all players across the board. Enemy AI has been significantly tweaked, new destructible elements have been added, and new targets have been added for Rico across all of Solis. This includes metal train bridges, which Rico can blow to kingdom come... with the trains still on them.
Here are the full patch notes, straight from the Square Enix website:
- Improved Lighting in Shadow
- Made tweaks to the world lighting presets
- Improved Night-time Visibility
- New Black Hand Destructible Statue
- New Sky Crane and Black Hand Truck carrying Chaos Objects
- New Destructible Train Bridges
- Increased Ammo Capacity on Most Weapons
- More Aggressive Black Hand Vehicle Combat
- Better Air Combat Against Helicopters and Drones
- Increased Black Hand Patrols in Solís
- Increased Trains in the World
- Streamlined the Supply Drop UI
- Supply Drop pilot panel now displays loadout for each pilot
- Added an "AR" icon when AR Mode is activated
- Changed the Operations unlock description from "Pre-Requisites" to "Requirements"
- Increased LOD Distance on Blue Electrical Spark VFX
- Fixed an issue with the Frontline Mist VFX
- Added a more Explosive Destruction VFX to the Turret
- Fixed LOD on the Dirigibles
- Fixed a bug causing Overlapping Text when Continuing a Save after Starting a New Save
- On the Store Page, the Reload Function will now work after a Connected Standby
- General Bug Fixes
- Added a Button Conflict Prompt when Remapping is Not Allowed (PC Only)
- On the Store Page, the Reload Function will now work after a Connected Standby (Xbox One Only)
The Just Cause 4 Spring Update is available right now. If you've yet to dive into the game and would like to experience the new and improved version, Steam currently has it on sale for 60 percent off its original price.