The latest NetherRealm Studios release has been out long enough to the point where it's time for a new patch. Fortunately for players, the Mortal Kombat 11 update version 1.03 has arrived just in time, bringing with it bug fixes, balance adjustments, and a host of other changes. The team is also using the update as a chance to dole out a few freebies for all the players who had beef with how difficult Towers of Time could be. Check out the full patch notes below to find out everything that's changed in the latest update.
Mortal Kombat 11 update version 1.03 | Patch notes and changes
The latest Mortal Kombat 11 update 1.03 puts a lot of focus into Tower of Time adjustments. Loads of different elements have been tweaked here, including an increase to the amount of Hearts earned from pulling off the game's various finishers.
Here are the official Mortal Kombat 11 update version 1.03 patch notes as provided by a Warner Bros. representative over on the Mortal Kombat subreddit.
General Gameplay Adjustments
- Fixed an exploit that allowed for more than one variation of a character to be set as default, which could then result in an online desync when trying to select that character
- Fixed a rare issue that occurred if the user lost internet connectivity while customizing their character, which would sometimes result in that variation being saved with some items being locked
- Fixed a rare issue that was affecting some user progression after using Kenshi’s blindfold in the Krypt to fully drain their Soul Fragments
- Move list and frame data corrections
- Integrated launch day gameplay server-side data
- Tweaks to online match-making
- AI adjustments
- Fixed a rare crash involving trying to use quick moves list in story mode
- Fixed a rare crash in the Totem Pole tower in The Gauntlet
- Fixed a crash related to pausing and unpausing the game
- Corrected some incorrect instruction text in tutorial mode
- Enabled Dev Slayer functionality
- Kitana’s Fans will no longer sometimes remain invisible if she is interrupted out of Edenian Fade with specific timing
- Hotfix server data will no longer sometimes become invalid when the game is booted up online
- Fixed a rare crash involving using a consumable near a chest in The Krypt
- Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt
- Adjusted rewards from AI Battle mode
- Increased Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches
Towers of Time Adjustments
- Adjusted AI difficulty curve
- Further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers
- Performing a Fatal Blow while standing in an active modifier will no longer sometimes cause unexpected behavior or a crash
- Ice based modifiers will no longer attempt to freeze players during invalid states
- Adjusted and removed modifiers from many Daily Towers
- Increased Koin Rewards for kompleting Towers and Tower Platforms
- Increased Dragon Challenge Koin rewards
- Increased post fight Koin rewards
- Increased amount of Hearts earned from Fatalities, Brutalities, and Mercies
- Lowered modifier damage for many modifiers
- Adjusted the lifespan of several modifiers
- Dramatically increased cooldowns on Tag Assist modifiers
- Fixed a missing Reduced Damage modifier in The Gauntlet
- Several Gift/Curse Modifiers are now considered projectiles allowing them to interact with moves that effect projectiles as intended
- Adjusted Gauntlet difficulty and progression requirements
- Disabler Konsumables now work with all intended modifiers
- Improved targeting for several Konsumables
- Sektor Hunter Killer Protocol Modifier is now disabled by the Rocket Disabler Konsumable
- Corrected some multipliers on Augments for some characters which were inconsistent with others
- Fixed incorrect Armor interactions with some Modifiers
- Decreased Konsumable cooldowns for players
Mortal Kombat update 1.03 Free Gift
On top of all this, for a limited time NetherRealm Studios will be giving out a free bundle of currency to all players. It's an apology of sorts for the state of affairs with Towers of Time after the game launched, offered as a "thank you" to players who stuck around. The free bundle includes 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Time Krystals, 1,000 Souls, and 500 Hearts. To redeem the free gift, make sure the latest update is installed, then head over to the Kombat Kard tab and the find Notifications menu. Within, find the message saying Claim Your Free Gift, then choose Claim Reward.
Remember, this Free Gift is for a limited time only. Players won't be able to redeem the prize after May 6.
The Mortal Kombat 11 update version 1.03 patch notes show that NetherRealm Studios is paying close attention to player feedback. Hopefully the adjustments to Towers of Time will help alleviate some frustrations. If not, at least the Free Gift makes for a nice bonus. Be sure to stay on top of all Shacknews' best tips and FAQ content by heading over to our robust Mortal Kombat 11 walkthrough and guide.