The latest Fortnite update version 8.30 is quite a whopper, with patch notes detailing the new Buccaneer's Bounty LTM as well as the most recent bug fixes and changes. This week sees Fortnite fans jump into several Limited-Time Modes, including the Fly Explosives mode that puts an aerial tweak on the previous High Explosives LTM. It also introduces the somewhat-controversial Reboot Vans, which allow players to revive and respawn themselves or their teammates in team-based matches.
Fortnite Buccaneer's Bounty and other update v8.30 additions
Of all the new additions in patch version 8.30, players will most likely be interested in the new Buccaneer's Bounty LTM. This Limited-Time Mode offers up a suite of four different free challenges for players to complete, each with their own specific rewards. New challenges unlock each day, and players that manage to complete all four will be rewarded with a new emote.
Of course, the fun doesn't stop there. Another of the big changes made in the update is the addition of Reboot Vans. These allow players to respawn and revive their teammates in Fortnite solos and duos mode, and have already caused quite a commotion among the game's user base.
As for changes otherwise, here are highlights from the latest Fortnite Battle Royale update version 8.30 patch notes. To check out the full patch notes, which cover everything from Save the World and Creative to bug fixes and performance tweaks, be sure to head over to the official Fortnite website.
Fortnite Battle Royale update version 8.30 patch notes
Limited Time Mode: Fly Explosives
- This mode combines the explosive fun of the High Explosives LTM with the Jetpack. Take to the skies and blast everyone else back to the lobby!
- Only explosive weapons can be found in this mode.
- Floor Loot spawners will occasionally spawn Jetpacks.
- Jetpacks are only available in this mode in Battle Royale.
- Reduced storm wait times.
- Rocket Ammunition capped at 120.
Limited Time Mode: Team Rumble
- Increased Eliminations to win the match from 100 to 150
- Decreased the final circle radius from 20000 to 12500 to promote a more chaotic late game
- Removed one minute from first circle shrink time to force combat to occur sooner
- Increased chest and floor loot spawn chances from 80-90% to 100%
- Increased Assault Rifle spawn chances by 67% in chests
- Decreased Suppressed Pistol spawn chances by 75%
- Supply drops now drop two Legendary weapons and two additional consumables
- Increased Compact SMG and shotgun drop chances by 50% in supply drops
- Decreased Rocket Launcher spawn chances by 50% in chests and 67% in supply drops
- Lowered Spike Trap drop chance by 50% (resulting in an increase to launch pads and campfires)
Weapons and Items
- Reboot Van / Cards
- Reboot Vans have now been added to the map at all major POIs.
- When squad members are eliminated they now drop their Reboot Card, which can be collected by other squad members.
- Reboot Vans / Cards are disabled in Solos, Big Team Limited Time Modes, and any modes with respawns enabled.
- Reboot Cards remain in the world for 90s after they’ve been dropped.
- Pickup Interaction time: 0.5 seconds.
- Bringing Reboot Cards to Reboot Vans will bring each squad member whose card has been collected back into battle.
- Collected Reboot Cards can be turned in by any squad member regardless of which member picked up the Card.
- Interaction time: 10 seconds.
- A Reboot Van goes on cooldown and cannot be activated again for 120 seconds after it’s used.
- Rebooted squad members return with:
- 100 Health
- 1 Common Pistol
- 36 Light Ammo
- 100 Wood
- Infantry Rifle
- Damage decreased from 40/42 to 38/40.
- Fall-off damage at maximum range increased from 26/28 to 32/34.
- Poison Dart Trap damage ticks will no longer cause the camera to shake repeatedly.
- Buccaneer’s Bounty Event
- A different Limited Time Mode rotates in every day from April 10 - April 15.
- Drop in and Complete free Challenges to earn in-game rewards.
- Increased the spawn rate of Treasure Maps for the duration of this event:
- Floor Loot: Increased availability from .25% to .5%
- Chests: Increased availability from 1.55% to 3.05%
- All aspect ratios will have the same vertical FOV on Mac and PC.
- In the near future, ultrawide monitors will be limited to 16:9 in competitive game modes.
- Added separate controller sensitivities for building and editing structures.
- The Glider Redeploy item is now sorted to the right along with other consumables when "Auto sort consumables to the right" is enabled.
- Added ability to cycle hotbar items while gliding.
- Hit markers are now server authoritative.
- We’ve heard the feedback that hit markers are sometimes seen for shots but don't apply damage, so we’re going to delay showing them until the server has confirmed the hit.
- Fixed sniper damage not causing damaged players to play a reaction animation.
- Adjusted how Storm damage is applied so that players entering the Storm will have a set amount of time before damage is applied.
- The initial instance of damage will start 1 second after entering the Storm.
- New Tournament - April 13 & 14: Fortnite World Cup Online Open Week 1 ($1,000,000 total prize pool!)
- Top performers in each server region will qualify to the Fortnite World Cup Finals in New York City. Full Fortnite World Cup details and official rules can be found here: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/competitive/events/world-cup
- Solo Game Mode
- Participation in this event requires players to have reached Champion League in Arena.
- Region Lock is in effect - players may only participate in the qualifier for a single server region each week of the Online Opens. The server region of the first match entered for that weekend’s tournament will be the one the player will be locked into for that entire weekend.
- April 13 - Round One: All Eligible Players.
- April 14 - Round Two: Top 3000 Players from Round One.
- Tournament rewards can now be viewed directly in each tournament session.
- Server Replays are now available in leaderboards for PC Players - Players can now view the active server replays of top leaderboard performers. This will be expanded to all platforms in the near future!
Looking to make the most out of the latest Fortnite update v8.30 patch? Be sure to check out our guide on how to complete the newly added Buccaneer's Bounty challenges. For the rest of your Epic Games battle royale news needs, be sure to stop by Shacknews' Fortnite home page.