Are you ready for paradise? Kalypso Media's Tropico 6 launches on PC today and the development team is celebrating with a brand new trailer, showing gamers what to expect in the management, politics, and construction simulator.
In Tropico 6, players take on the role of a visionary leader that the people hope will steer the country into prosperity. You can be a feared dictator or a peace-loving statesman as you shape the island state of Tropico into your desired form. This sixth entry introduces a few new elements like extensive archipelagos, bridge building to connect islands, and new means of transportation for your people.
If you're not familiar with Tropico 6 or the series at all, here's a snapshot of the type of gameplay you can expect in this new entry:
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
- Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
- Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
- Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
- Online multiplayer for up to 4 players.
Tropico 6 is available now on PC, digitally in the US and in a boxed retailed edition in the UK. A US boxed edition will be released on April 2, 2019. Xbox One and PS4 versions are expected in summer 2019. Stay tuned to Shacknews for additional gaming and tech updates.