Just about everybody has access to Netflix these days, and just about everybody on Netflix has seen, or at least heard of, Stranger Things. Well, Netflix is about to release the third season of their blockbuster show in the coming months and plans to release Stranger Things 3: The Game on the same day. Our very own Greg Burke had the chance to talk to Matt Deomme, interactive producer at Netflix, about Stranger Things 3: The Game, how it ties in with the show, and the importance of creating a quality experience.
In the interest of not ruining the entire interview for you, click on the embedded video to watch it for yourself. Greg and Matt don’t dig too deeply into the details of the game, but the following features are listed on Nintendo’s game page.
- Experience the show in a new way, exploring the eerie world of Hawkins to uncover new mysteries beyond what’s seen in Season 3.
- Jump right into the action of this pick-up-and-play adventure: simple gameplay mechanics allow fans of all skill levels to get in on the fun.
- Take your game to the next level by trying out different character combinations and collecting all the secrets the expansive world of Hawkins has to offer.
- Team up with a friend, leveraging drop-in/drop-out local co-op to take on the mysterious monsters of Hawkins together. While playing solo, use a collection of "buddy commands" to control both characters and still experience all the fun.
- Choose from 12 playable characters, each with their own unique talents and stats.
Stranger Things 3: The Game is expected to release on July 4, 2019 (in case you missed the giant sign in the video) for Nintendo Switch. You can find it and all other upcoming titles on the video game release date 2019 calendar. If you want to discover more games planned for the upcoming months, head over to the Shacknews and GamerHub TV YouTube channels.