Apex Legends update 1.0, Wild Frontier is now available, bringing fans a new Battle Pass, as well as several changes and updates as well. The patch notes, released by Respawn on Reddit, showcase quite a few big changes, including the release of the Octane, a new character, and the kick off of Apex Legends’ first Battle Pass. Here’s what you need to know.
Apex Legends update 1.0 patch notes
If you’re curious in knowing what’s changed with this update, then there are quite a few things to cover. Some of the biggest things to note are, obviously, the new Battlepass. You can learn all about the Battlepass by checking out our guide on it. Respawn have also made some huge adjustments to the hitboxes of Legends like Pathfinder, Gibraltar, and Caustic. On top of the big changes, players can also expect to find some stability updates with the latest patch. We’ve detailed those below.
- Improved stability for various GPU configurations.
- Capped PC FPS to 300 to balance improving stability but still letting you folks enjoy those sweet frames.
- Addressed issue with PS4 crashes due to running out of memory.
- Introducing better reporting when Apex crashes on PC without error message.
- We really want to fix any crashes people happen to get on PC. We also respect our player’s privacy. So, if the PC game crashes, it will write "apex_crash.txt" to your "Documents" folder. This tiny file is plain text, so you can easily see for yourself that it has no personal information. If you choose to share this file with us, it will tell us whether the crash was in Apex or in third party software. If the crash was in Apex, our programmers can use the information to find and fix it. If you experience a crash, please include this file when you report.
- We protect your personal information.
- You can easily see everything in the file yourself; we have no secrets.
- You're in control of whether we ever see the file.
- Added Report a Player feature for cheating and abuse on PC.
- Players can now report cheaters they encounter in-game and it’ll be sent directly to Easy Anti-Cheat. You can do this from either the spectate view after dying or when looking at your team’s Banner Cards in the Squad tab.
- We have lots of other work going on behind the scenes and this remains high priority for us. We won’t be able to share many specifics of what we’re doing but we’ll strive to provide updates on progress for the things we can talk about.
- As I'm finishing the notes this morning, 499,937 accounts and counting have been banned for cheating.
- Speed hacking: We do currently have anti-speed hacking in Apex Legends, but it’s not being as effective as intended due to a bug that we believe we’ve identified and will be addressing in our next server update. Will provide ETA for it when I have it. Working to get it out ASAP.
- Added Report a Player for abuse on Consoles
- You can report players from the spectate view after dying or when looking at your team’s Banner Cards in the Squad tab.
- Optimized skydiving to improve overall server performance.
- Fixed bug where sometimes the client could crash when opening Apex Packs one right after the other.
You can view the full report of all the changes in update 1.0 by heading over to the original Reddit post. We also suggest visiting our Apex Legends hub for more content and news about the hit battle royale game.