Part of keeping Astroneer alive and well, to say nothing of the titular spacefarers themselves, involves a bit of maintenance. Just like clockwork, the folks at System Era have put together a new update for Astroneer with a few specific changes and tweaks. Astroneer update 22.214.171.124 primarily addresses performance and the behavior of tethers, and should hopefully make for a more fluid and pleasant experience overall. Read on to learn more about the latest Astroneer update version 126.96.36.199.
Astroneer 188.8.131.52 update patch notes
According to the developers at System Era, the main focal point of the latest Astroneer patch was addressing performance issues. However, outside of tweaks and other bug fixes, the team has also reworked the algorithm that dictates the behavior of tethers. According to the official patch notes, the "new algorithm should greatly reduce the hitches players see when placing tethers in a big network across all platforms, leading to improved performance in single player and multiplayer games." The team also notes that this is the first of a two-step fix intended to keep the connections and behaviors of tethers more stable.
Here's the full set of Astroneer update version 184.108.40.206 patch notes as provided over on the official System Era forums:
Astroneer 220.127.116.11 update summary
- Vehicles, base platforms and characters should behave the same as before. You should not see any difference in how they make tether connections.
- Connections between tether posts that have changed. When placing a new tether post, it will now connect to the closest tether post of each distinct tether network in range. A tether network in this case being a set of connected tether posts.
- Tether networks are no longer self-healing! When you pick up a tether post it will trigger a network split of all the other tethers it was attached to. A tether post being disconnected will not cause any other tether post connections to change.
Astroneer 18.104.22.168 update performance improvements
- Make debris objects despawn when they leave relevance
- Generally reduce object count by cleaning up stateless objects that are far away from players.
- Sped up transform updates for all objects.
- Updated timeslicing settings for expensive objects that did not previously take advantage of timeslicing.
- Optimized terrain geometry generation throughput.
- Do not update animations that are out of the player's view and not in their immediate vicinity to save time.
- Cached audio parameter values to avoid time spent updating them when they haven't changed.
Astroneer 22.214.171.124 update bug fixes
- [AS-6342] - Fixed a bug introduced in the last update, where digging up Hazards with research samples attached cause the research to pop into the air and become stuck.
- [[AS-6351] - The achievement “Journey to the Center of the Thing” now unlocks when its requirements are met.
- [AS-6353] - Fixed a bug which caused objects to become unusable for client players when unpacked or repackaged while outside the host's field of view in Multiplayer games.
- [AS-6390] - Fixed a bug Moving wrecked rover seat means Player is unable to interact with debris POI after save.
Astroneer update 126.96.36.199 is just another in a long line of planned changes to System Era's delightful open-solar-system sandbox. Keep it tuned right here to Shacknews for more details about future updates and patch notes, and be sure to stop by our Astroneer home page to catch up on all of our latest coverage.
Kevin Tucker posted a new article, Astroneer update 188.8.131.52 patch notes
Cool, now I can finally get all the achievements!
Interesting, I didn't realize that self-healing tether networks cost so much. Maybe people are using them way more than I do tho.
Game is randomly crashing for me now. Never really had issues with that before but it's CTD twice in the last hour.