The Capcom Pro Tour ended in thrilling fashion in mid-December when Red Bull Esports' Kanamori "Gachikun" Tsunehori successfully knocked off Hiromiki "Itabashi Zangief" Kumada to become the best Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition player in the world. The Capcom Cup is now in the rear-view mirror and that means it's time to start looking ahead to the 2019 season. The Capcom Pro Tour is returning for another year, with a prize pool of over $600,000. Capcom revealed the full details on Wednesday regarding what players should expect to see.
The 2019 Capcom Pro Tour season will officially kick off at this year's Final Round, which will run from March 15-17. The season will end with Capcom Cup 2019, which will be held on a date yet to be determined. The 32 top players in the world will earn their way into Capcom Cup, with defending champion Gachikun already granted an automatic bid. The remaining 31 players will jockey for position on the Capcom Cup leaderboards throughout the season, with three Super Premier Events awarding more points than anything else on the schedule. The Super Premiers will include EVO 2019, along with a Japan Premier and North American Regional Final that will be announced in the future.
Here's the full schedule of premiere events for this year's Capcom Pro Tour:
- Final Round 2019: Atlanta, GA, March 15-17
- NorCal Regoinals 2019: San Jose, CA, March 29-31
- The Mixup: Lyon, France, April 20-21
- Combo Breaker 2019: Chicago, IL, May 25-27
- Taipei Major: Taipei, Taiwan, June 8-9
- CEO 2019: Daytona Beach, FL, June 29-July 1
- Game Over: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, July 6-7
- Vs. Fighting 2019: London, UK, July 20-21
- EVO 2019 [Super Premier]: Las Vegas, NV, August 2-4
- Esports Festival Hong Kong: Hong Kong, August 25-26
- Celtic Throwdown 2019: Dublin, Ireland, August 31-September 1
- Final Fighters China: China, September 7-8
- Asia Regional Final/Southeast Asia Major (SEAM): Singapore, October 13-14
- EU Regional Final/EGX 2019: London, UK, October 18-20
- LatAm Regional Final/First Attack: San Juan, Puerto Rico, October 26-27
- Canada Cup 2019: Toronto, Canada, November 1-3
Capcom also went into further detail regarding some of the new point values of the online ranking events, as well as the reasoning behind some of those changes. For more information, as well as a full schedule of the regional and online ranking events, be sure to visit the Capcom Pro Tour website.