Howdy, partners! Rockstar Games is enjoying a strong sales performance from Red Dead Redemption 2 and the development team is laying the groundwork for a major evolution of the game. Alleged patch notes for Red Dead Redemption 2 show that update v1.03 adds Red Dead Online beta support, fixes a handful of issues, and brings some improvements to the main campaign.
Reddit user SlumberingParrot shared these patch notes and sources UpdateCrazy for the breakdown. A patch around 5.638GB in size was downloaded on my own PS4 before being able to jump into Red Dead Online. The details for patch 1.03, as described in the Reddit post, are as follows:
- Added support for Red Dead Online Beta.
- Added fixes for crashing issues with Red Dead Redemption 2 version 1.03.
- Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 1.03 for PS4 has fixed some glitches.
- Added fixes for framerate drop and freezing issues.
- Added performance and stability improvements.
- Gameplay improvements added with Red Dead Redemption 2 1.03.
- Added other minor fixes and changes with Red Dead Redemption 2 version 1.03.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 update 1.03 is now available for download on PS4 and Xbox One.
A battle royale was rumored for Red Dead Online many months before Red Dead Redemption 2's launch and a recent development confirms its existence. The mode is called Make It Count and pits 32 players against each other with bows and arrows. At this time, it isn't known if other versions of the mode exist in Red Dead Online's full map, but we'll be sure to update when more is known. We'll also be uploading gameplay footage to the official Shacknews YouTube channel.
Shacknews is working hard to get you all the best guides and tips for Red Dead Online, so keep an eye out for those in the near future. For now, bookmark the constantly-evolving Red Dead Redemption 2 walkthrough and guide so you can optimize your time in Arthur Morgan's shoes. Red Dead Redemption 2 is available now on PS4 and Xbox One.