Warframe is one of the biggest games in the world right now, and for the longest time, it wasn't one that players could take out on-the-go without a little bit of creativity. That has changed now that Warframe is on the Nintendo Switch: players can bring the game with them anywhere they like. Even better, they can transfer their previous progress from the PC version to the Nintendo Switch and keep the fun times rolling. Wondering how to transfer Warframe data between PC and Switch? The process isn't terribly complicated, though there are a few caveats worth considering.
How to transfer Warframe data from PC to Nintendo Switch
Before starting the transfer process, players will want to make sure that they've already installed Warframe onto their Nintendo Switch. Creation of a Nintendo Switch Warframe account is also necessary, but that will likely be done the first time the software has been started.
It's also worth noting that transfering Warframe data from PC to Nintendo Switch creates two separate accounts. In effect, this means that progress made on the Switch will not carry over to the PC and vice versa. Once data has been transfered, the account itself will be split. Also, there is no option to reverse the transfer procedure, so make sure to get the details right the first time.
- Install and run Warframe on the Switch, and make a Nintendo Switch Warframe account.
- Authorize the account link by accepting the prompt that appears the first time Warframe is run on the Switch.
- Head over to the Warframe website and log in.
- Navigate to the Account Management page.
- Click on the button labeled "Migrate PC Account to Nintendo Switch," found at the bottom of the Account Management page.
- Enter the user's PC Warframe Account password twice, then click the "Confirm" button.
- After being redirected to the Nintendo sign-in page, click the "Sign In" button, then enter the Nintendo Account credentials to complete the procedure.
What gets left out of the Warframe PC to Switch transfer?
There are a few other Warframe data transfer details worth mentioning, mainly involving Platinum and Clan information. Here's the fine print as provided over on the Warframe account migration page:
- All existing Nintendo Switch account progress will be overwritten by your PC account.
- All Platinum and goods purchased on the Nintendo eShop will be added to your new migrated account.
- Any items purchased in-game with Platinum on Nintendo Switch in-game Market will be overwritten and the Platinum returned to your new migrated account; items purchased with Credits will be overwritten by your PC account.
- No Platinum purchased on the PC version of Warframe will be transferred to the Nintendo Switch copy.
- No Clan information from the PC is copied, all existing Nintendo Switch Clan information remains untouched.
- Any items on PC that are not currently available on Nintendo Switch will appear when the Nintendo Switch is updated.
- Your PC Friends List will not copy over, and your Nintendo Switch Friends List will not be overwritten
- Account sharing/selling is prohibited and if violated, you risk having both accounts banned.
- Your PC account will remain unaffected and unchanged after migration.
It's a bit of a process, and there are a few caveats, but it is entirely possible to transfer Warframe data from the PC to the Nintendo Switch. Since the process splits the account between two systems, it's not currently possible to keep all progress active between both. It's a sad truth, but it's not entirely unexpected. Still, the silver lining is that Warframe is available on the Switch, meaning diehard fans can technically bring their favorite game with them wherever they may go.