Remastered and re-imagined games continue to be incredibly popular with gamers at the moment. One of the standout examples of this trend was 2017’s Mutant Football League. After a successful Kickstarter campaign, MFL enjoyed a successful launch onto digital storefronts. It featured a return to the glory days of 16-bit sports insanity and up until the release of Madden NFL 19, was arguably the best football game on PC and was awarded Best Sports Game of 2017 by Shacknews. A new upgraded version is on the way to storefronts next month under the name Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition.
This new, expanded edition of the game features Dynasty Mode, a single-player campaign that allows players to be player, coach, and general manager of their own team of monsters. It includes multiple season gameplay, player trades, cumulative player experience (XP), salary management, custom playbooks and free agent signings. Additionally, MFL: Dynasty Edition adds two new races, six new teams, and more. The full feature breakdown is as follows:
- Retail Exclusive Team Content – New contenders are stomping onto the field, with the addition of two new teams, the Purple Mutant Eaters and Hexxon Oilers, each with their own arena;
- Dynasty Mode – Become the coach and GM of your favorite MFL team. Win multiple championships to become the league’s next Dynasty. Includes roster management, team salary caps, custom playbooks, player trades, cumulative player XP, free agent signings and multiple season gameplay;
- New Playable Races – Rampaging Werewolves and Hell-Spawned Demons join wisecracking Skeletal Deadheads, Armored Bruiserbots, Criminal Aliens, Mutated Humans, Monstrous Orcs on the field;
- Multiplayer Options – Two-player online or four-player local multiplayer gives gamers the choice to clobber one another or team up and crush opposing miscreants;
- 25 Unique Teams and Fields – Players can select from 25 teams including the Nuked London Hatriots, the Killadelphia Evils and the New Goreleans Zombies, and 24 unique fields that offer a slew of deadly obstacles including landmines, booby traps, fire pits, toxic moats and buzz saws;
- Hall of Fame Commentary – Original announcer of NBA Jam and NFL Blitz, Tim Kitzrow delivers unforgettable, adult-oriented play-by-play commentary for every game;
- Dirty Tricks Gameplay – Players can get their hands dirty for an advantage, with tactics such as Bribe the Ref, throw Bombs, or equip Shotguns and Chainsaws to inflict maximum carnage against the unsuspecting competition;
- Multiple Play Modes – Punishing play modes include Training Camp, Exhibition, Practice, Playoffs and Full Season;
- Post-Play Mayhem – Players can keep the action going even after the whistle blows by bludgeoning opponents with brass knuckles, body slams, and rib-crushing kicks.
Priced at $29.99, Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition will be releasing for Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch. You can pick it up in stores on October 30. Owners of the digital editions of the original Mutant Football League will receive the Dynasty Edition content as a free update.