Yesterday saw the first day of the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout beta test, giving players their first taste of the series' fresh new spin on battle royale gameplay. Developer Treyarch is keen on making sure player expectations are met, which is why they're listening closely to beta participant feedback and making adjustments as necessary, with the first set of post-day 1 changes taking effect as of this morning.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Post-Day 1 update patch notes
Following user input offered following the first day of the Blackout beta test, the team at Treyarch took to the Black Ops 4 subreddit to discuss some of the changes they've implemented post day 1. Here's the list of changes as provided by Treyarch:
- Changed Featured Playlist to DUOs.
- Raised player cap to 88.
- General stability and stat-tracking improvements.
- Quick equip menu will automatically close if not used for 5 seconds.
- Increased the speed of picking up Items off of the ground – you will still be able to reload your weapon independently without picking an Item up by tapping the reload button.
- Reduced duration of Sensor Dart to 2 minutes
In addition to these changes, Treyarch has also offered up a few helpful tips meant to make the "Blackout experience as epic as possible:"
- Infiltration: To achieve maximum distance when dropping onto the map in your wingsuit, try pointing straight down until you hit 60 meters/second, then level out. Pulling up past the horizontal position will cause your descent to slow.
- Heal on the Move: You don’t need to stop moving to heal! This can be a real game-changer when you’re under fire and low on health.
Weapon Breakdown: Need to drop your weapon’s attachments quickly? Try hovering the cursor over your weapon in your inventory, then drop all attachments to break your weapon down.
- Base-Jumping Off Structures / Re-deploying Wingsuits: There’s been some confusion out there about how to re-deploy your wingsuit to base jump during a match. Make sure that you’re high enough above the ground and simply sprint towards your desired location, then press and HOLD the jump button.
Players can also find additional tips and hints from the developers by heading over to the Blackout Beta Field Manual hosted on the official Treyarch website. For all the latest Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and Blackout-related updates, keep it tuned right here to Shacknews.