PUBG players have been asking for a shooting range since early access and they’re finally about to get their wish granted, plus some. The newly announced training mode drops 5-20 players into a new 2x2km map that features practice grounds for driving, parachute landings, shooting, vaulting, close-quarters engagements, and more.
The Fix PUBG campaign plans were laid out earlier this month, but this particular announcement is a bit of surprise. The optimization efforts are underway and it really seems like PUBG Corp is working hard to address player concerns on various levels. Dave Curd from the PUBG Madison team states that these particular things are what the training mode addresses:
- New players should be able to understand the basics of navigation, looting, shooting, driving, and parachuting.
- Casual players should have fun experimenting in our expansive playground environment- stunt driving, boat racing, and exploring the island to find all its locations..
- More serious players should enjoy learning about deeper gunplay- how the attachments, scopes, recoil, zeroing, and bullet-drop influence their shots.
Here’s a lengthy list of features the team is working on:
Incremental range targets:
- 800m Range
- 400m Range
- Special 1k Range target
- Standing targets
- Moving targets (left, right)
- Targets inside a building (stationary / moving)
Parachute practice area
Indoor CQC Range
- Long track
- Racing track
- Off road
- Sweet Stunt Ramps
Open water for vehicles:
- Sweet Water Ramps
Tables of Equipment:
- Melee weapons
The planned release window is September but all PUBG training mode features and details are subject to change. Stay tuned to Shacknews for additional updates.