Hearthstone players have racked their brain across The Boomsday's Project new Puzzle Lab single-player mode since it released on Tuesday. Now comes the time to go to work with Dr. Boom himself.
Shacknews is here to help out with each of the Dr. Boom Mirror puzzles, helping place everything in perfect symmetry and solve the bad doctor's mind-bending conundrums.
Puzzle #1 - Cruel Souls
This one should be fairly straightforward. Houndmaster Shaw is on-board to give your minions Rush and it should be fairly obvious that the first move is to use Prince Taldaram. Make clever use of the Kidnapper and victory should be simple.
- 1. Use Prince Taldaram and copy the Abomination. Trade into the enemy Abomination for a double explosion.
- 2. Trade the Cruel Dinomancer into one of the Sea Giants.
- 3. Play Kidnapper to send Sea Giant #2 back into Dr. Boom's hand and then trade it into Sea Giant #3.
Puzzle #2 - Ride the Wave
Now things get much more complicated. Dr. Boom wants to throw a monkey wrench into your plans with a Freezing Trap. Archbishop Benedictus can fix his little red wagon by setting up a 14 damage hit from Healing Wave, thanks to Auchenai Soulpriest.
- 1. Attack with Archbishop Benedictus to activate Dr. Boom's Freezing Trap.
- 2. Play Archmage's Insight to reduce your spell costs to (0).
- 3. Use Recycle on one of the Ultrasaurs to get it out of your hair.
- 4. Trade Radiant Elemental (your spells are free anyway, so you don't need it) and Polluted Hoarder (you'll want to take the Fatigue hit) into the Hoarding Dragon to pick up two Coins.
- 5. Play one of the Coins and play Archbishop Benedictus. You'll add the Ultrasaur to your deck. This will activate Dr. Boom's Mirror Entity, giving you an opposing copy of Archbishop Benedictus to mirror off of.
- 6. Trade your Ice Rager into Dr. Boom's Loot Hoarder. This will cause him to draw his Ultrasaur and empty his deck.
- 7. Now that you have an Ultrasaur in your deck and Dr. Boom doesn't, play Healing Wave on the remaining Ultrasaur on the board. Auchenai Soulpriest will make this hit for 14 damage and wipe it out.
- 8. Trade the Auchenai Soulpriest into the 5/2 Reckless Rocketeer.
Puzzle #3 - Hello Darkness
The degree of difficulty continues to escalate, as now there's a dormant Darkness on the board. There's no winning here, unless you can activate it, but it's actually not too difficult. Just don't fall for Archbishop Benedictus or King Togwaggle. They're decoys.
- 1. Play Archmage's Insight to reduce your spell costs to (0), followed by Boots of Haste to reduce your minion costs to (0).
- 2. Blast the Dire Mole with Toxic Arrow and then use Betrayal on it. It will eliminate the Howlfiend, but not without it forcing Dr. Boom to discard a Magma Rager.
- 3. Ping the Dire Mole with your Hero Power to take it out.
- 4. Use Vanish to send Dr. Boom's minions back to his hand.
- 5. Use Gloves of Mugging to swipe Dr. Boom's Novice Engineer, Faceless Manipulator, and Magma Rager.
- 6. Play the Novice Engineer. This will draw the three Darkness Candles needed to activate The Darkness.
- 7. Play Naturalize on the Novice Engineer.
- 8. Use Faceless Manipulator to copy The Darkness.
Puzzle #4 - The Ray of Roasting
This is a head-scratcher, mainly because you not only need to manage the 10-Mana Ray of Roasting, but you also have to beware of the Boom-in-a-Box that scores an instant kill if it's dispatched, unless you can somehow keep Mal'Ganis alive. Glinda Crowskin is the answer here, as her Echo power will prove immensely useful.
- 1. Use Shadow Madness to swipe Glinda Crowskin.
- 2. Play Prince Taldaram to copy the opposing Aviana. Subsequent Echo copies will now cost 1 mana, so play Prince Taldaram and make multiple copies of Mal'Ganis until you have one mana remaining.
- 3. Play Kun the Forgotten King and refresh your Mana Crystals.
- 4. Play the Ray of Roasting. The original Mal'Ganis will stay alive with 1 Health and protect you from the Boom-in-a-Box effect.
That's it for now! Come back later for more solutions to the devious Dr. Boom puzzles in Hearthstone's Puzzle Lab.