As another week sails by, another Sea of Thieves update lands to improve performance, fix issues, and add a few new features, mechanics, and cosmetics for pirates to enjoy. This patch marks one week before the gunpowder skeleton Bilge Rate Adventure comes to a close, so players who have yet to finish the legendary commendations will need to get in and get to work before time runs out.
Among the list of patch notes are a few pieces of information that are particularly interesting. Cannonballs have been updated to apply a rocking effect to ships upon impact, so expect to really feel those balls slapping against your ship. As part of the Banjo-Kazooie 20th anniversary celebrations, Rare has added a new figurehead to the game of a bear and bird, but only for the month of July. Finally, the helpful glitch of resource barrels refilling with stock when empty has been fixed, so say goodbye to all those free cannonballs.
Players who are having difficulty installing the new update should check out our guide on how to update Sea of Thieves on PC.
Sea of Thieves Update 1.1.5
Patch size: 1.49 GB
- Rock the Boat - Upon impact, cannonballs now apply a rocking effect to ships.
- Bear & Bird Figurehead - Now stocked by the Shipwright to celebrate Banjo-Kazooie's 20th anniversary.
- PC Exit to Desktop - Players on PC now have the ability to exit to desktop from the front end.
- Shop Clutter - Player Titles no longer remain in the shop when purchased, reducing the amount of clutter in the clothing shops.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes. Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Multiple Megalodons will no longer spawn in the same zone.
- Megalodon encounter music will no longer be heard on the Ferry.
- 'Crew Management' and the 'Allow Friends to Join' text is now localised to all languages.
- There is no longer an invisible rock in Thieves' Haven.
- 'Skeleton Exploder' Title now shows the correct icon in the Vanity Chest.
- There is no longer a wall on Plunder Valley that players can clip through to see outside the map.
- VFX for lighting a gunpowder barrel now correctly appear connected to the fuse.
- Players will no longer be teleported back to their ship when they shoot themselves from the cannon on the north side of Devil's Ridge.
- Header and footer UI in shops is now consistent with the rest of the UI menus.
- The 'More' button on all radials now properly updates when key bindings are changed and will no longer remain the same button.
- Resource barrels on ships will no longer periodically restock if they are below the default level.
- The 'Gunpowder Plot' Commendation and it's Legendary Commendation counterpart may not unlock. This issue appears to be intermittent and we are investigating its root cause. We are aware that for some players, retrying the Commendation correctly awards it.
- Some players travel in an unintended direction when fired from a cannon.
- Bilge Rat Doubloons have not been correctly rewarded to a number of players who earned them through the Skeleton Thrones event. We are investigating a resolution for this and will share information when available.
- The Hungering Deep rewards were not received by a number of players who earned them. We are investigating a resolution for this and will share information when available.
Source: Sea of Thieves
Now that it’s July, it means we’ve reach the month where Sea of Thieves will be receiving its second free content update, Cursed Sails. If you’re not sure what’s in store once it lands, I did a handy write-up of everything coming to Sea of Thieves in Cursed Sails and Forsaken Shores.