With the Overwatch League regular season complete, it's now time to look ahead to the playoffs. However, there's also the matter of the Overwatch League All-Star Game, which brings together the top players of the League's two divisions to play against each other in a special exhibition game.
On Thursday, Blizzard revealed the All-Star Game starting rosters, which were decided by fan vote over the course of Stage 4.
- Seong-Hyun "Jjonak" Bang (New York Excelsior, Support)
- Jong-Ryeol "Saebyeolbe" Park (New York Excelsior, Offense)
- Do-Hyeon "Pine" Kim (New York Excelsior, Flex)
- Yeon-Jun "Ark" Hong (New York Excelsior, Support)
- Jae-Hyeok "Carpe" Lee (Philadelphia Fusion, Offense)
- Jae-Hui "Gesture" Hong (London Spitfire, Tank)
- Chan-Hyung "Fissure" Baek (Los Angeles Gladiators, Tank)
- Scott "Custa" Kennedy (Los Angeles Valiant, Support)
- Seyeon "Geguri" Kim (Shanghai Dragons, Tank)
- Byung-Sun "Fleta" Kim (Seoul Dynasty, Offense)
- Je-Hong "Ryujehong" Ryu (Seoul Dynasty, Flex)
- Brandon "Seagull" Larned (Dallas Fuel, Flex)
The six starters for each squad will be backed up by 12 reserves. The reserves will be voted on by the League's players, coaches, broadcast talent, and staff. They will be revealed in the weeks ahead.
The Overwatch League All-Star Game will take place from August 25-26 from the Blizzard Arena in Los Angeles.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Blizzard Names 2018 Overwatch League All-Star Game Starters
this directly and firmly up my alley, if you know what i mean.
my body is ready
nobody better than fissure
im looking forward to watching PAC All-Star team tear it up. will be interesting how coordination with new teammates etc will go.
Fan voting is an awful way to pick All Star teams (take note, MLB).
- There are many better off tanks better than Geguri in PAC
- One of custa's supposed strengths is his communication, but that's not gonna fly so well with the language barrier
- Pine as flex tank?
- Ryujaehong has been eclipsed by a number of other supports
- Fleta is not more deserving than architect, agilities, soon, surefour, hydration, or ado
My interest in all star games is low to begin with so not putting the best of the best on the field means I may not even tune in. Small loss if there's gonna be 200k viewers, I know.
New York is so dominant it’s awesome
i hope they do some other game mode exhibition matches. i wanna see some pro comp CTF or something.
Pro random comp.
Weird setups. Pacific has two flex tanks and no flex DPS. Seagull, while he has a large hero pool, has been maining D.va for months now, but since they have Geguri he has to play flex DPS even though in OWL he's had a stronger D.va so far. Ryujehong is a weird pick since there are stronger off healers, especially in the Zen pool.
On Atlantic, you have two hit scan specialists along with SBB on Tracer with no off tank.
Ah, 12 OWL selected players per a team in the final lineups.