Old-school gaming fans and arcade gamers alike will agree that while it's awesome to be able to play their favorite fighting titles at home, nothing beats the feel of an arcade-inspired fight stick. And while there are loads of good fight sticks on the market, sometimes players want something that speaks to their favorite series. Good news has arrived, then, as gaming hardware giant Razer and the creative crews behind Bandai Namco Entertainment, Toei Animation, and Shueisha, Inc. have combined their powers to produce not one but two all-new fight sticks based around Dragon Ball FighterZ.
The new models are called the Razer Panthera and Razer Atrox. Both models sport the sort of high-quality buttons and joysticks from Sanwa that fighting game fans ask for by name, and both also feature a vibrant and gorgeous shell featuring art inspired by the game. The Panthera, which is the PlayStation 4 version, as well as the Xbox One Atrox variant, both feature mod-capable construction complete with internal storage compartments and a tough build quality that should stand up to the rigors of fast-paced competitive play.
Here are some more features of the two fight sticks, pulled straight from the press release featured over on the Razer website:
- 10 tournament-grade Sanwa™ Denshi buttons
- Authentic Sanwa joystick with ball top
- Easy one-touch access to internals and storage
- Fully accessible internals and storage compartments for easy modding
- Honeycomb structure on the inside for easy screw mounting
- Storage room for alternative bat top joystick (not included) and more
- 9.8 ft. / 3 m detachable screw-lock USB cable for secure connection
- Screwdriver included for modding
We don't have any firm information on when these two fight sticks will become available, but we do know that both the Panthera and Atrox Dragon Ball FighterZ fight sticks will retail for $220. Players can expect to learn even more about these fight sticks as they get closer to their expected Spring 2018 release.