The last leg of the Overwatch League regular season is almost at an end. There only a few more weeks for the Overwatch League teams to try and claim their spot in the playoffs, but the playoff picture appears to be getting clearer with each passing day. But while some teams may be out of the running for the season playoffs, there's still $125,000 on the line in the individual Stage 4 playoffs, giving those teams something else to play for. As for those teams who do make the postseason, they'll have a chance to win the first Overwatch League championship in Brooklyn in July.
As Overwatch continues to move forward with the recent 220.127.116.11 Update, let's remind everyone once again that Stage 4 is being contested under version 1.22.
An update on Overwatch League Stage 4 pic.twitter.com/CREJEA13Vq— Nate Nanzer (@natenanzer) May 15, 2018
Also, looking for more detailed breakdowns of individual stats? Blizzard is here to help with that. On Tuesday afternoon, the Overwatch League launched a full-blown stats page, for stat nerds looking to get all of the pertinent statistics on their favorite players.
For the moment, these stats only reflect what's going on for Stage 4. However, Blizzard will soon make it so that Overwatch League fans will be able to look up info for across the full season. Visit the Overwatch League stats page for more.
Now let's take a look at the current standings.
Overwatch League Standings After Stage 4, Week 3 (Win-Loss, Map Differential)
- 1. New York Excelsior (32-4, +84)
- 2. Los Angeles Valiant (24-12, +31)
- 3. London Spitfire (23-13, +33)
- 4. Boston Uprising (22-14, +16)
- 5. Seoul Dynasty (21-15, +16)
- 6. Los Angeles Gladiators (21-15, +17)
- 7. Philadelphia Fusion (21-15, +11)
- 8. Houston Outlaws (20-16, +18)
- 9. San Francisco Shock (16-20, -7)
- 10. Dallas Fuel (10-26, -44)
- 11. Florida Mayhem (6-30, -67)
- 12. Shanghai Dragons (0-36, -107)
Game of the Week
While the continuing resurgence of the Dallas Fuel is a fun topic to touch on, it's hard not to look at the all-out war between the Los Angeles Valiant and the top team New York Excelsior at anything other than the best game of Week 3. The best part was that it was one of the final games of the weekend.
The Excelsior still proved at various points why they are the best team in the Overwatch League, with a one-sided stomping on Blizzard World seemingly indicating this would be all New York. But the Valiant rebounded on Lunar Colony, with their scrappy play just barely able to edge out New York's top-level teamwork. It took a well-timed Dragonblade from Brady "Agilities" Girardi to ward off any last NYXL resistance and clinch a map victory.
But the most exciting map was the tiebreaker, with both teams bringing out their best. The XL experimented with a few lineup change and nearly caught the Valiant off-guard. Jong-ryeol "Saebyeolbe" Park was keeping the Valiant at bay with Widowmaker, but as Los Angeles threatened, Park switched back to his usual Tracer. But the Valiant were able to force Seong-hyun "JJonak" Bang to pop Zenyatta's Transcendence early, allowing them to clean up the point behind Agilities' Pharah and Terence "Soon" Tarlier's Widowmaker. New York remained stuck at a 99 percent capture, while the Valiant claimed the final point to take an epic series.
It was a wild one at the Blizzard Arena. Check out the series below.
Stage 4, Week 4 Schedule
This is the schedule for the fourth week of Stage 4:
- Seoul Dynasty v. Boston Uprising - 6/6, 4PM PT
- Shanghai Dragons v. Florida Mayhem - 6/6, 6PM PT
- Dallas Fuel v. Houston Outlaws - 6/6, 8PM PT
- Los Angeles Valiant v. London Spitfire - 6/7, 4PM PT
- Los Angeles Gladiators v. New York Excelsior - 6/7, 6PM PT
- San Francisco Shock v. Philadelphia Fusion - 6/7, 8PM PT
- Boston Uprising v. Shanghai Dragons - 6/8, 4PM PT
- Florida Mayhem v. Dallas Fuel - 6/8, 6PM PT
- Philadelphia Fusion v. Seoul Dynasty - 6/8, 8PM PT
- London Spitfire v. Los Angeles Gladiators - 6/9, 1PM PT
- New York Excelsior v. San Francisco Shock - 6/9, 3PM PT
- Houston Outlaws v. Los Angeles Valiant - 6/9, 5PM PT