The last leg of the Overwatch League regular season has begun. Stage 4 means there's only a few weeks for the Overwatch League teams to try and stake their position in the playoffs. However, with $125,000 on the line in the individual Stage 4 playoffs, even those at the bottom of the standings still have something to play for. No matter what, there's a lot of money on the line. And for those teams who do make the postseason, they have a crack at winning the first Overwatch League championship in Brooklyn.
As Overwatch continues to move forward, most recently with Tuesday's 22.214.171.124 Update, it's important to remember that Stage 4 is being contested under version 1.22.
An update on Overwatch League Stage 4 pic.twitter.com/CREJEA13Vq— Nate Nanzer (@natenanzer) May 15, 2018
So for anyone who misses the dominant Brigitte, at least it's possible to live on vicariously through the pros of the Overwatch League.
Now let's take a look at the current standings.
Overwatch League Standings After Stage 4, Week 1 (Win-Loss, Map Differential)
- 1. New York Excelsior (29-3, +73)
- 2. Boston Uprising (22-10, +23)
- 3. London Spitfire (20-12, +32)
- 4. Los Angeles Valiant (20-12, +24)
- 5. Philadelphia Fusion (20-12, +15)
- 6. Seoul Dynasty (19-13, +16)
- 7. Houston Outlaws (18-14, +19)
- 8. Los Angeles Gladiators (18-14, +11)
- 9. San Francisco Shock (13-19, -14)
- 10. Dallas Fuel (7-25, -49)
- 11. Florida Mayhem (6-26, -58)
- 12. Shanghai Dragons (0-32, -92)
Game of the Week
While New York appears to have its place at the top of the standings, it seems to be the 4, 5, and 6 teams that are going at it and trading places to try and lock down as high a seed as possible. The first day of Stage 4 say the Seoul Dynasty face off with the Los Angeles Valiant. And while Seoul went into the week with a solid fourth place spot, the Valiant sought to take their spot.
It didn't look like Seoul was about to toppled, though, especially after they took the first map on Blizzard World with authority. But the Valiant rebounded quickly, taking Horizon Lunar Colony and Lijiang Tower, before completely asserting themselves on the fifth tiebreaker map on Nepal. With Brady "Agilities" Girardi helping lead the way as Junkrat and Pharah and Terence "SoOn" Tarlier eventually calming his nerves enough to go on a tear with Widowmaker, the Valiant opened this Stage 4 as one of the teams to beat.
Relive the full match below.
Stage 4, Week 2 Schedule
This is the schedule for the first week of Stage 4:
- Boston Uprising v. Dallas Fuel - 5/23, 4PM PT
- Florida Mayhem v. Los Angeles Valiant - 5/23, 6PM PT
- Houston Outlaws v. Los Angeles Gladiators - 5/23, 8PM PT
- London Spitfire v. San Francisco Shock - 5/24, 4PM PT
- Los Angeles Gladiators v. Florida Mayhem - 5/24, 6PM PT
- Philadelphia Fusion v. Shanghai Dragons - 5/24, 8PM PT
- Los Angeles Valiant v. Boston Uprising - 5/25, 4PM PT
- New York Excelsior v. Seoul Dynasty - 5/25, 6PM PT
- San Francisco Shock v. Houston Outlaws - 5/25, 8PM PT
- Seoul Dynasty v. London Spitfire - 5/26, 1PM PT
- Shanghai Dragons v. New York Excelsior - 5/26, 3PM PT
- Dallas Fuel v. Philadelphia Fusion - 5/26, 5PM PT