With a snap of their fingers, the folks at Blizzard's Team 5 have made Hearthstone just a little more balanced. That includes both Standard and Wild, as a handful of problematic cards have been brought down a notch and made a little more fair.
As noted in the Hearthstone forums, the following cards have been changed:
- Naga Sea Witch: Now costs 8 mana. (Up from 5)
- Spiteful Summoner: Now costs 7 mana. (Up from 6)
- Dark Pact: Now Restores 4 Health. (Down from 8)
- Possessed Lackey: Now costs 6 mana. (Up from 5)
- Call to Arms: Now costs 5 mana. (Up from 4)
- The Caverns Below: The quest reward (Crystal Core) now reads: For the rest of the game, your minions are 4/4. (Down from 5/5)
Shacknews previously went into a deeper dive analysis on these changes and what they mean to the Hearthstone meta going forward. This includes helping the Quest Rogue cope with these changes and looking at what the Even Paladin can do now that Call to Arms is no longer available to them. While many of these cards are still practical, those looking to dust them can get the full value of each card from now through June 5.