One of the most interesting changes revealed in the recent Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 reveal presentation was the inclusion of eight new specialists. These hero-like classes allow players to take advantage of special abilities that suit their strategic needs, and a understanding their strengths and weaknesses will become a big part of effective teamwork. Read on to learn more about each of the different specialist classes in Black Ops 4.
Specialists and Class Abilities in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
There are eight different classes available in the Black Ops 4 multiplayer component, and all of them have their obvious strengths: the Rusher named Ruin has the grapple gun that allows for maximum agility, while the intel operator Recon is able to reveal enemy locations in the surrounding area. There's a little something for everyone, but more importantly, every specialist has their own critical role to fulfill in combat.
• 9-Bang - press R1 to throw a tactical grenade that flashes and stuns enemies. Can be cooked to detonate multiple times.
• Ballistic Shield - press L1 and R1 to summon a durable transforming defensive shield with a built-in machine pistol.
Role: Demolitions Expert
• Cluster Grenade - press R1 to fire a grenade that sticks to surfaces and disperses a number of smaller grenades.
• War Machine - press L1 and R1 to summon a grenade launcher that fires bouncing grenades which detonate after a short time or by directly hitting an enemy.
Role: Healer / Medic
• Assault Pack - press R1 to deploy small ammunition magazines that provide the team with bonus score for taking down enemies.
• Tak-5 - press L1 and R1 to heal, boost max health, and remove the wounds for the caster and up to four targeted allies. Ability works through walls.
Role: Area Denial
• Reactor Core - hold R1 to emit a damaging radiation field that wounds enemies, reducing their maximum health for a period of time.
• Purifier - press L1 and R1 to summon a flamethrower that shoots a steady gout of flame, scorching enemies within close range.
Role: Intelligence Operator
• Sensor Dart - press R1 to use sensor equipment that reveals enemies within its proximity on the minimap, visible to everyone on the team.
• Vision Pulse - press L1 and R1 to pulse the surrounding area and reveal enemies for a short period of time, visible to everyone on the team.
• Grapple Gun - press R1 to quickly move to elevations and other locations.
• Grav Slam - press L1 and R1 to trigger a short, aggressive leap that delivers a lethal blast in a radius around the point of impact.
• Tac-Deploy - press R1 to deploy a beacon that allows your teammates to re-deploy to the surrounding area.
• Annihilator - press L1 and R1 to summon a massive high-caliber revolver that fires devastating rounds with increased bullet penetration.
• Razor Wire - press R1 to place razor wire in order to damage and slow enemies that attempt to cross it.
• Barricade - press L1 and R1 to deploy reinforced cover protection while securing objectives. Built-in microwave field slows and damages enemies. Owner can deactivate cover at will.
There's still a while to wait before Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 releases out until the wild on October 12. Until then, be sure to check up on related news concerning other presentation reveals, including three different zombies modes and a report confirming the game's lack of a single-player campaign.