Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege is in the middle of a full Year 3 of new DLC content. The first of the game's new Operators came in February with Operation Chimera, but now Ubisoft is ready to introduce two more characters into the fold.
Operation Para Bellum is set to introduce two new Italian Operators, both of whom will play on Defense. Players can also look forward to the game's 20th map. The full reveals for Operation Para Bellum is scheduled for the weekend of May 19-20 during the Rainbow Six Siege Pro League Finals, which can be seen on Twitch.
Speaking of esports, Operation Para Bellum will also introduce the esports-style Pick & Ban system, which has teams take turns selecting their character. This adds a new degree of strategy, encouraging counterpicks and also bans of top-level characters.
More details on Operation Para Bellum can be found on the Rainbow Six Siege website.
Ozzie Mejia posted a new article, Operation Para Bellum Deployment Teased for Rainbow Six Siege
I'm pretty hyped for a new map! 4chan leaks from reliable leaker of the new operators:
Op 1: Maestro
- Has a deployable shock turret that is controlled remotely w/ phone
- Turret is indestructible when not in use
- Can down but not kill people??? (unsure because of translation)
Op 2: Alibi
- Deployable hologram projectors
- When shot at by enemy their outlines get painted like Lion does currently