PUBG players have had their hands full for a few weeks straight. A new PUBG map is being tested, some significant changes are being made to the game's formula, and limited events like the deathmatch "War" mode have mixed things up for fans of the PvP survival shooter and now there's a new event airdropping into the battleground. Metal Rain is taking advantage of the new Flare Gun mechanic and each use will airdrop a heavily armored UAZ for squads of eight to use.
This new event, which will take place on the Erangel map, will run from now until April 22, stopping right at 7 PM PDT barring any hitches in the event's performance. NA, EU, AS, SEA, and OC servers will have access to first-person and third-person modes for the event, but KR, JP, and SA will only be able to play in third-person. If you want some tunes while trying out the new mode, I recommend this hit from New Edition. Additional details from the PUBG Corp blog post are down below this great interview with PlayerUnknown himself.
Flare Gun Rules
- Flare guns spawn randomly alongside normal loot locations (flare gun spawn spots are no longer fixed)
- When shot inside the safe zone (white circle), special care packages will be dropped
- When shot outside the safe zone, a special vehicle—the armored UAZ—will be dropped
Other Event Rules
- This mode is limited to eight-man squads on Erangel, and you can invite up to seven friends.
- Auto-matching can be turned on or off (you don’t have to play as a full squad of eight if you don’t want to)
- The mode is limited to 96 maximum players (12 teams of eight players)
- Redzone is enabled
- Regular care package drops are enabled
- Killer spectating is enabled
- Bluezone rules are the same as standard public match settings
- Weather changes dynamically throughout each