PUBG continues to barrel along, dishing out chicken dinners and wondering why it didn’t think of paying Drake to play first. Twitch stream/rapper crossover promotion aside, the team at Bluehole have a new update ready for what used to be the world’s favorite battle royale. This time, players will encounter new circle mechanics, a reworking of the north side of desert map Miramar, and the elimination of clothing pickups from the maps.
The removal of cosmetic clothing pickups has been requested by players ever since cosmetic item crates first appeared in the game last year, letting players dress up from the main menus. The continued inclusion of random hats and pants throughout the maps diluted the loot pool and offered no benefit to players. The new circle mechanics should be a welcome sight for players and will be familiar to players who were able to get in some rounds with the new tropical-themed map Codename: Savage. Bluehole included the following infographic that details the circle changes:
The rest of Update #10’s patch notes are as follows:
Improvements were made mainly on Northern part (Northeast, Northwest) of the Miramar to make it a more appealing area.
- The Oasis can now be found in the north, and Alcantara village has been added to the northwest.
- We’ve added more roads, off-road paths, and car spawning positions to facilitate easy travel into and out of the area.
- Higher-tier loot is now more likely to spawn in specific areas of the north of Miramar.
- We’ve optimized the GPU performance of buildings seen from mid-range (all maps).
- Improvements to teams
- You can now send requests for invitations by clicking the invite button on another player’s career screen.
- If you are a team leader, you can now kick your team members.
- You can also kick any team member using “Team” tab in the friends list, found at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Footsteps should now always make sound when walking on tarp, carpet
- Fixed an issue causing some objects to become invisible at particular distances
- Indoor plants should no longer block bullets
- Fixed and removed some weirdly-placed road signs, plants, and stairs
- Fixed an issue that broke the killer spectating function whenever the killer died too quickly after taking out the spectating player
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused players to take no damage when exiting a moving vehicle
Chris Jarrard posted a new article, PUBG Update 10 Jumps Out of a Plane Onto Test Servers
If I'm reading those tables correctly, the first couple circles start moving sooner and also move faster, but after the second circle they start moving much slower? I might be OK with that. If you didn't have a vehicle and didn't start moving soon enough, there are a lot of situations where you just have zero chance to survive on foot.
I don't know, it seems like this might really cut down any chance you have to loot outside of the initial drop. Also makes firefights incredibly risky since even short ones will practically guarantee you have to abandon loot to get into the circle.
I also think they could probably cap the blue damage at 5, you can't outheal that and that's already dead in 4 ticks.
Team leaders can now kick squad members. Yippee!