The previous patch for Sea of Thieves, patch 1.0.2, addressed some opportunities for griefing and fixed an error that allowed lesser pirates to escape with their treasure by using an exploit. Patch 1.0.3 goes live today, April 11, and is focused on weapon balancing, shooting, and letting players know how to sink their own ship.
Sea of Thieves Patch 1.0.3 Patch Notes, Fixes, Changes, and Known Issues
Sea of Thieves 1.0.3 patch comes to about 1.2 GBs for Xbox One and PC and goes live during maintenance that takes place from 9 AM BST to 2 PM BST. One of the more subtle changes includes a message for any players that end up on the Ferry of the Damned after death. It reminds players of how to destroy their own ship via a menu option, something many are likely not aware of. This gives a crew the opportunity to get their ship to spawn elsewhere if stuck at port without a way to sail out, for example.
PC players are getting a couple significant updates, one for shooting guns and another for mouse binds. The Aim Down Sights sensitivity default is being increased for better aiming, specifically to address cross-play with controller users. Aiming will be addressed further with a potential ADS slider as well. The mouse binds update welcomes the mouse scroll to the list of controls players can modify. The full patch notes are below and additional info can be found on the Sea of Thieves forums.
- Message from Beyond - A message from the Ferryman has been nailed to the door post on the Ferry of the Damned instructing players on how to scuttle their ship.
- This is a reminder to players that if their ship and/or crew is in a position they want to get out of, simply going to "My Crew" in the settings page and voting to "Scuttle Ship" will sink the ship and start the crew in a new location.
- Weapon Balancing - Reduced Blunderbuss Damage and Increased Eye of Reach damage.
- We've been reviewing the data on players weapon choices and damage dealt across our weapons and made some balancing changes. We will continue to monitor this change and further tweak as needed.
- [PC Only] Aim Down Sights Sensitivity - We've increased the default mouse sensitivity to allow for more efficient aiming and to be in parity with the controller, as we heard your feedback regarding how mouse-mats around the world were being worn out due to how painfully slow it was to aim down the sights.
- We are also currently working on further improvements for a future update which will include an ADS slider in the Settings to allow players to choose a sensitivity they feel comfortable with.
- [PC Only] Mouse Binds - We've added mouse scroll up and down to the list of controls players can use to rebind actions
- Enabling 'non-directional' chat no longer allows non-crew players to be heard anywhere in the world.
- Players should no longer get into a state where they can no longer equip a second weapon.
- We have corrected an issue with players receiving very little warning of a server shutdown. Players should now receive a minimum warning of 30 minutes for a server shut down.
- We are still working to ensure that server shutdowns are something that a player would only experience during scheduled maintenance. In the meantime we aim to give players more opportunity to react to a shutdown should it occur.
- In response to reports of poor ping times in South America, we have now deployed Sea Of Thieves to a South American data center.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
- Further improvements and optimizations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Trading Companies now have limited voyage stock that refreshes at 6 am every day (in-game time). This limited voyage stock is currently not explained during purchasing.
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game.
- Once you redeem your code, here is a Support Article that shows you where to find your items in game. If you still cannot find your items in game, please raise a support ticket to log this issue.
- Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair color / scars) looking different from their initial selection. We are still working on a fix for this. This was discussed in our Launch Update article written by Executive Producer, Joe Neate.
- Bounty quest skeleton waves sometimes spawn in the ground or cannot be found at all.
- Improvements to spawning have been made in this update, and we are working to resolve the issue for all islands. For a potential workaround, please read this Support article.
- Pirates can be migrated to another server after completing a Skeleton Fort and sailing away with the Vault Key. After migration, they will find that the vault is empty upon their return. We are working on a fix. A short-term solution is to not sail away from the Skeleton Fort when you have the Vault Key.
- [PC] Push to talk option will reset to default (disabled) between sessions.
- Message from Beyond on the Ghost Ship isn't translated into other languages.
Stay on top of the latest news in Rare's open-sea adventure by keeping your sights set to Shacknews' own ever-expanding Sea of Thieves walkthrough and guide.