Shacknews has been holding tournaments for Rocket League since the game launched almost three years ago. Our Rocket League Tournaments of Doom required coordination between Google Docs and Challenge brackets to get everyone set up for battle. The latest Rocket League Tournaments update coming this Spring will allow users to do much of that preliminary work in-game. Check out the latest video from the official Rocket League YouTube channel.
The Rocket League Tournament Update adds a few other patches to the game including:
- Connection Quality Information - New notification icons that will signal the types of online connection issues during online matches to better troubleshoot issues
- Enhanced Garage Options - New item stacking, filtering, searching, and sorting options
- Expanded Team Customization - More shades have been added to the primary color palette for Battle-Cars and players will now have the choice to “Equip to Blue” and “Equip to Orange” for painted car bodies
- Audio Improvements - Crowd audio has been tweaked to better react to saves, goals, and important plays, and the soundtrack will now be available to play during online and offline matches
- Samurai Battle-Car - New Import Battle-Car available as a limited-drop inside the new Triumph Crate
The devs at Psyonix are also adding several quality-of-life improvements to Rocket League for Nintendo Switch. The Switch patch will focus on performance and visual updates.
The Rocket League Tournaments update is scheduled to go live on April 3. The patch is scheduled to hit Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PS4, and PC all at the same time pending approvals.