The latest patch for Epic Games' Fortnite adds a new quest line for post-Valentine's Day, some Lunar New Year heroes, and brand new weapons. Save the World and Battle Royale both get some thematic new treats and we've got the breakdown, some pics, and a new video for you below.
Fornite never seems to be without some new event happening to keep their community
The patch notes in the previous release were shorter than usual, but this collection of notes makes up for it all. Watch the video showing off the new Impulse Grenade and check out a peek at the extensive notes below.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Impulse Grenade added.
- Blue rarity.
- Found in Treasure Chests and Supply Drops only.
- The Scoped Assault Rifle is now perfectly accurate while scoped.
- Scoped Assault Rifle headshot damage decreased from 250% to 200%.
- Revolver now uses Medium ammo.
- Crossbow drop chance decreased by 20%.
- Minigun drop chance decreased by 12.5%.
- Chug Jug drop chance decreased by 15%.
- The White/Green/Blue SMG is rotating out and heading into the vault.
- Tactical Submachine Gun
- Magazine size increased from 30 to 35.
- Firing rate increased from 10 to 13.
- Fixed Sniper Rifles occasionally not registering hits when aiming downward with high network latency.
- Fixed an issue with projectiles failing to hit nearby players when hitting another target.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to fire around walls with the Crossbow and Minigun if they stood very close to the edge of the wall.
- The reload-failed messages will no longer display on weapons that do not have a clip to reload (i.e. - Minigun).
- Removed per-bullet rounding on shotgun damage calculation.
- Damage was rounded down to the nearest whole number for each individual pellet.
- Instead, all projectiles will be added together before rounding.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Minigun's barrel to continue to glow after use.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from using the first weapon picked up on consoles.
- Fixed an issue where under certain network conditions, players could be damaged by bullets passing through structures built at the last second.
- These shots will now hit the structure instead of the player.
- Fixed an issue which allowed shots to pass through doors right after they were closed.
- Fixed an issue which allowed players to pick-up an extra weapon/consumable while holding a trap.
- This issue was also caused players to drop full stacks of resources and preventing them from harvesting that resource for the rest of the match.
- Fixed shield hit effects playing when taking falling damage.
- Fixed supply drops hovering mid-air if the object beneath them was destroyed.
- Fixed a possible crash that could occur while firing weapons before boarding the Battle Bus.
SAVE THE WORLD
SPRING IT ON! EVENT
- New quests will be introduced throughout the duration of the event! Spring It On! begins with a tale of love in a storm-ridden world, with the usual Fortnite twist…
- Lunar New Year Heroes added, featuring 4 new kits!
- Dragon weapons added
- Quest Rewards (Sneak Peak):
- Love Trooper Jonesy, Legendary Soldier
- Choice of three Legendary Dragon Ranged Weapon
- New Legendary Melee Defender
- Firecracker Tickets
- Spring It On! Gold
- Awarded for completing a repeatable Quest
- Firecracker Tickets can be earned by using the new Opt-In Difficulty feature (detailed below). They’ll be awarded each time you complete a mission
- Used to purchase Spring Llamas from the Loot tab.
- Updated Loot Llamas to award Firecracker Tickets for the duration of the event.
- Spring Llama is available
inthe Loot tab and costs 1000 Firecracker Tickets to purchase.
- Each Llama will contain a Lunar New Years Hero, or a Dragon weapon.
- Each stack of 1000 Storm Event Tickets has been exchanged for Storm Llamas.
- Up to
3000Seasonal Gold will be converted 3 to 1 into Firecracker Tickets, and any additional gold beyond that is lost. Spend any additional leftover event gold before the update! Spring It On! Gold is also seasonal and will be replaced when a new season begins.
- Mutant Storm and Miniboss Mission Alerts are not tied to this event. Both have returned to their lower “passive” levels of activity, and neither awards event tickets.
- Up to 3 Mutant Storms in Stonewood, 10 in other locations. | Quota: 4 per day
- Up to 3 Miniboss Alerts in Stonewood, 6 in other locations. | Quota: 3 per day
- New, Spring it On!-themed items will appear in the store throughout the event.
- Event store Items will appear, and remain available for purchase until the end of Spring It On!.
- Weekly store items will only be available for the week in which they appear.
NEW AND IMPROVED UNIVERSAL INVENTORY
*NOTE: This feature will be available on Monday, February 19 due to in-progress testing.
- You can now prepare your inventory in the Armory before loading into the world.
- Use the Backpack screen to craft, equip, and recycle world items.
- Use the Storage screen to transfer items between backpack and Storm Shield storage.
- These screens are available in an inspect-only version when connecting to a game session.