What The Golf? Fig Campaign is Live
Follow along on a journey towards an improved version of golf that is actually fun.
What The Golf? is a new game developed by Triband, a young game studio based in Denmark. They are also working on Keyboard Sports - Saving QWERTY. Triband is trying to raise $50,000 by March 23 with stretch goals that go up to up $200,000 in funding. The game looks pretty amusing.
Here is some more information about the campaign from the official Fig post for What the Golf?
Golf is boring — Help us fix it!
Golf is always the same: perfectly round balls, 18 holes, blue sky, neatly cut grass and fancy people in nice clothes. What's not to hate? – Hate no more!
WHAT THE GOLF? is the golf game for people who don’t play golf. Every golf course is a surprising new type of golf, some brilliant or hilarious, others simply absurd.
You must have a lot of questions about our vision for golf.
- More surprising new golf mechanics than you can image
- Explore all aspects of golf through a humour-filled overworld
- Will NOT make you a better golf player
- Made by people who know nothing about golf
- First and hopefully the last game that let you golf a horse
- Epic golf boss fights
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is golf really that boring?
- Can we make it fun?
- We believe so!
- Do you play golf?
- No, none of the developers plays golf.
- Do you know anything about golf?
- No, not at all, but we know something about making games.
- I liked golf and you ruined it!
- We're really sorry, but we did this on purpose. We understand if you'll never forgive us.
- Will it be released on consoles?
- We are talking to platforms about the possibilities, but it is not the primary focus.
What is Fig and how does it work? Check out our interview with Fig CEO Justin Bailey.
Asif Khan posted a new article, What The Golf? Fig Campaign is Live