Over the years, there have been a lot of Legendary Pokemon. It started out with Mewtwo and the three Legendary birds (Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres), but the number has exploded in the 20 years since. With the main Pokemon having moved between different generations of handhelds, catching all of the various Legendaries has been a tough task, but The Pokemon Company is going to look to make collecting them a little easier in 2018.
Starting in February, anyone who owns copies of Pokemon Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, Sun, or Moon will be able to download a different Legendary Pokemon to their game each month. The available Legendaries include:
- February: Dialga (Steel/Dragon) or Palkia (Water/Dragon)
- March: Regigigas (Normal) or Heatran (Fire/Steel)
- April: Raikou (Electric) or Entei (Fire)
- May: Xerneas (Fairy) or Yveltal (Dark/Flying)
- June: Shiny Zygarde (Dragon/Ground) with three different forms from the Kalos and Alola regions
- July: Tornadus (Flying) or Thundurus (Electric/Flying)
- August: Groudon (Ground) or Kyogre (Water)
- September: Latios (Dragon/Psychic) or Latias (Dragon/Psychic)
- October: Reshiram (Dragon/Fire) or Zekrom (Dragon/Electric)
- November: Ho-Oh (Fire/Flying) or Lugia (Psychic/Flying)
Details on how to pick up these Legendaries will be revealed as their availability dates draw closer. All of them will be level 60 and feature a handful of powerful moves. More details can be found on the Pokemon website.
Those catching Pokemon on their mobile phones will also be happy to hear that Legendary promos are also set to hit Pokemon GO over the course of 2018. More details on those will be revealed soon.