The Destiny 2 weekly reset is about to get a bit more involved. With the December 12, 2017 update, Bungie is giving players the chance to buy gear from certain vendors instead of patiently waiting through 57 engrams to get the drop they want. This is in addition to the new Nightfall, Leviathan raid order, Flashpoint, and Eververse inventory changes.
Nightfall - Savathun's Song
- Momentum - Health and shield regeneration stop when you're not moving. Sprint to speed up regeneration.
- Timewarp: Anomalies - Strange anomalies have been detected in the area. Destroy them to release temporal energy and extend the mission timer.
Leviathan Raid Order
The Leviathan raid must be completed in a specific order each week. Once you get through your first encounter in the Castellum and complete the first section, you can then use the underbelly code to skip to the next portions. However, the Leviathan raid must be completed in the specified order. We will update this when the order is known.
Leviathan Raid Challenge
Each week a different section of the Leviathan raid gets a challenge mode. This week's challenge mode isn't yet known, but we'll update this when it is. If you require help with Calus, our comprehensive Leviathan raid guide will serve you well.
Flashpoint - Mercury
The weekly Flashpoint is an easy shot at some gear that will raise your Power level. Head to the destination listed above and complete between five and six heroic public events. When you’re done you can head back to Cayde-6 at the Tower and grab some shiny new gear for your troubles. Cayde-6 will also be selling treasure maps, and Bungie has promised that these will be worth your time after the December 12 update. Unfortunately, a Flashpoint on Mercury sounds like a horrible time with on a single public event to take part in. Have fun.
Weekly Faction Weapons for Sale
With the Destiny 2 December 12, 2017 update, players can now buy weapons from various faction vendors. They can buy armor, too, but that never changes. Weapons will rotate in and out weekly, though, and each one will cost you 10 tokens specific to that particular faction.
- Commander Zavala - Origin Story Legendary Auto Rifle
- Lord Shaxx - Autumn Wind Pulse Rifle
- Devrim Kay - Call to Serve Legendary Scout Rifle
- Aher Mir - Unspoken Promise Legendary Sword
- Failsafe - Agenda 5 Legendary Pulse Rifle
- Sloane - A Single Clap Legendary Sniper Rifle
- Solar Damage Mod
- Arms Armor Mod (Arc)
- Chest Armor Mod (Arc)
The Gunsmith at the Tower now sells mods each week. These can be added to your gear to bump your Power level up and customize your Guardian the way you see fit. Make sure you browse through and make note of any mods that you’ve bee waiting on for that perfect build.
Eververse sells you cosmetic items (and rare mods). You can purchase these with Bright Dust, which is earned through dismantling Eververse items, or possibly through the purchase of Silver using real money. Here is what Tess has in stock this week:
- Legendary Emote: Confused - 700 Bright Dust
- Legendary Emote: Dancy Dance - 700 Bright Dust
- Legendary Sparrow: Striped Abandon - 600 Bright Dust
- Legendary Ship: Sailing Shield - 500 Bright Dust
- Exotic Rat King Weapon Ornament: Black Plague - 800 Bright Dust
- Exotic Rat King Weapon Ornament: Catacombs - 800 Bright Dust
- Legendary Omega Machanos Cloak/Bond/Mark - 800 Bright Dust
- Legendary Captaincy Ghost Shell - 400 Bright Dust
- Rare Transmat Effect: Guardian Pink - 450 Bright Dust
- Legendary Shader: Frumious Blue - 40 Bright Dust
- Legendary Shader: Metallic Sunrise - 40 Bright Dust
- Fireteam Medallion Consumable - 50 Bright Dust
- Gleaming Boon of the Vanguard Consumable - 350 Bright Dust
- Gleaming Boon of the Crucible Consumable - 350 Bright Dust
That will do it for the Destiny 2 weekly reset for December 12, 2017. Be sure to pop by the Shacknews Destiny 2 complete strategy guide to read up on all matters pertinent to being an effective Guardian.