Ubisoft has taken their time with the next entry in the Assassin's Creed series and Origins looks to be a dense undertaking that explores Egypt. The base experience will likely provide quite a full course but, in typical mainstream Triple-A fashion, Ubisoft will be offering a season pass for those that wish to get a slight discount on upcoming DLC. Up until now, players had no clue what would be in store post-launch but, today, the devs have revealed the DLC expansions the season pass will net customers as well as the free add-ons all Origins owners will be privy to.
The season pass, which will set you back $39.99 if purchased separately from the game, will give you access to two expansions that will release in early 2018 and a couple packs filled with an outfit, weapons, a mount, and helix credits. The two expansions are titled and described as follows:
- DLC 1 - The Hidden Ones: This story-driven expansion builds upon the growth of the Brotherhood, taking players years after the events of Assassin’s Creed Origins as they clash with an occupying Roman force in a new region. This expansion will extend the level cap, allowing players to keep on making their character progress. Available in January, 2018.
- DLC 2 - The Curse of the Pharaohs: The Curse of the Pharaohs: In this story-driven expansion focusing on Egyptian mythology, players will fight against undead pharaohs and explore a new, mystical realm. During their journey, players will encounter famed Egyptian beasts such as Anubis warriors, scorpios and more, as they investigate the cause of the curse that has brought the dead pharaohs back to life. The Curse of the Pharaohs will increase the level cap further and introduce brand new Abilities. Available in March, 2018.
In addition to content that you'll have to pay for, Assassin's Creed Origins will be supported with a lineup of free content:
- The Trials of the Gods: Epic boss battles against Egyptian gods that take place during special timed events, victorious players will receive prestigious rewards. The first Trial of the Gods event will be available 15 days after the launch of the game.
- The Nomad’s Bazaar: A wandering merchant gives players daily quests to complete in order to earn mysterious exotic rewards. Available at the launch of the game.
- Photo Mode: Players will be able to capture and share the beauty of the Egyptian landscape and indulge their inner wildlife photographer while discovering in-game pictures taken by other players. Available at the launch of the game.
- Horde Mode: Players will fight endless waves of enemies in the Gladiator Arena. They will be able to compare their scores with their friends and challenge them asynchronously. Available in early 2018.
- Discovery Tour: This new educational mode turns the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins into a combat-free living museum and will give everyone the opportunity to learn more about Ancient Egypt through guided tours curated by historians and Egyptologists. Available early 2018.
In addition to all this content, there will likely be some free add-ons related to the recent pairing of Assassin's Creed and Final Fantasy XV. Final Fantasy XV gave players an assassin outfit and new abilities for the lead character and held an Assassin's Festival that changed the decorations in one of the towns. There are no details on what will be included in Origins, but the game will be available for PC, PS4, and Xbox One on October 27, 2017.
Charles Singletary posted a new article, Zombies Pharaohs Invade Assassin's Creed Origins Post-Launch Content
Maybe they're trying to distance themselves from that godawful Tom Cruise mummy movie.
They'd also be putting themselves closer to that cool looking way forward mummy game, though
Creativity is dead